SUIKERBOS SBR current state

ZamaK

Rode SBR for the first time today, what a super ride! Really enjoyed having to be less concerned about cars, with nice challenging climbs. Road condition good with one or two bumpy sections with a couple of patches where sand/stones had washed across the road, took it easy on the down hills and glad I did as I had two near misses.

1. Came round a fast blind corner on the one section to find a woman lying in the middle of the road taking a pic of a lizard/chameleon with her companion also in the middle of the road, words fail me as to why you do something like that and it was a near miss for sure, but for anyone giving it stick there it would have been a problem. 2. The hiking trail crosses the road on a fast down hill and a walker nearly stepped out in front of me and I had to shout to avoid, would be awesome if maybe a sign could be put up warning of the crossing. But otherwise, what a cool spot and will definitely be going again with an attempt at two laps. 

P.S they have gone cashless at the gates, so no need to draw cash beforehand.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Murrob said:

Rode SBR for the first time today, what a super ride! Really enjoyed having to be less concerned about cars, with nice challenging climbs. Road condition good with one or two bumpy sections with a couple of patches where sand/stones had washed across the road, took it easy on the down hills and glad I did as I had two near misses.

1. Came round a fast blind corner on the one section to find a woman lying in the middle of the road taking a pic of a lizard/chameleon with her companion also in the middle of the road, words fail me as to why you do something like that and it was a near miss for sure, but for anyone giving it stick there it would have been a problem. 2. The hiking trail crosses the road on a fast down hill and a walker nearly stepped out in front of me and I had to shout to avoid, would be awesome if maybe a sign could be put up warning of the crossing. But otherwise, what a cool spot and will definitely be going again with an attempt at two laps. 

P.S they have gone cashless at the gates, so no need to draw cash beforehand.

Many like that: 

C562CE9C-06A0-40AF-A2F3-EB5292AD7DAD.jpeg

B6B7A83B-705C-4826-B27A-A469AB5046DF.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

It was open at 6am 2 weeks ago, not sure when the winter switch will kick in but it shouldn't be too soon.

42 minutes ago, Al Allen said:

It was open at 6am 2 weeks ago, not sure when the winter switch will kick in but it shouldn't be too soon.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The earlier opening time is a trial for now.

image.png.fa32cc6a49cab1f7750d3011b515c772.png

Thanks

• 2 months later...

The opening times (for the weekend) have reverted back to 7am for Winter Season -  This is for the period: 1 April to 31 August.

😁I found this out the hard way when i rocked up at 6am last week Saturday. 

8 hours ago, ZamaK said:

The opening times (for the weekend) have reverted back to 7am for Winter Season -  This is for the period: 1 April to 31 August.

😁I found this out the hard way when i rocked up at 6am last week Saturday. 

Thanks for this.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

can anyone confirm if its still possible to ride from the circus to the the South gate and back?

or is the South gate closed now?