Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I will be rooting for Wout in both disciplines and I think he will most certainly be the marked man, He will need to ride the RR very smart.

I reckon he is in every race he starts, I'm sure he's used to it by now.

18 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Looking at the road race profile, I think the course favours someone like Dan Martin.

Pog and Rog in the Slovenian team will be very difficult to beat. I know Rog is carrying injuries but he can do some grunt work for Pog, even if he is only 80% there.

27 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Pog and Rog in the Slovenian team will be very difficult to beat. I know Rog is carrying injuries but he can do some grunt work for Pog, even if he is only 80% there.

he should be over the worst of his injuries, three weeks is enough time for the cuts and bruises to heal. Hopefully he's not had an infection and has been able to train mostly normally.

8 minutes ago, RABUBI said:

I lived in Yokohama for 2 years, and the heat/humidity in August is no joke. The race starts at 11am, so I think this is going to be a huge factor. humidity in August is 95-100%. attrition rate is going to be very high

So not ideal for the Pogfather then... interesting. 

Wout seemed to cope fine with the heat on the Mont Ventoux x2 stage.... 

Looking forward to a cracker of a race next week. 

4 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

So not ideal for the Pogfather then... interesting. 

Wout seemed to cope fine with the heat on the Mont Ventoux x2 stage.... 

Looking forward to a cracker of a race next week. 

Mont ventwice stage..... 

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Sooooooo if Wout wins or does well, then what excuse do all these okes have for pulling out the tour early? 

I will be rooting for Wout in both disciplines and I think he will most certainly be the marked man, He will need to ride the RR very smart.

Me and you both, Wout for Goud ...  ????

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

No one talking about the woman's race on Sunday? 

That excites me hugely. The racing there is top notch and heart on sleeve stuff. 

AMP is sitting on some splendid form. But it's going to be tough for her against the Dutch squad. 

Surely in with a chance of a medal? 

8 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

AMP is sitting on some splendid form. But it's going to be tough for her against the Dutch squad. 

Surely in with a chance of a medal? 

The Dutch team is very difficult to look past. AMP is really in scintillating form but the course speaks of a slightly more punchy racer. 

I really hope she can smash it and put our national colours at the pointy end of the race.