Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

I think he flies under the radar too well. Most people can't afford a lengthy search for him via a private firm, and our locals feds are just plain useless. Win for him, sadly

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

He's even promoting the fact that you can do a chargeback on payments, that being said knowing how this guy works this is just to lull people into a sense of security but he'll convince people to pay via eft or will delay things until you go past the 120 day window to initiate a chargeback with your bank.

https://africranks.com/2022/08/17/safe-booking-guarantee/

"So what is the Africranks Safe Booking Guarantee? Simply put, it is our promise to you that your deposit is safe, and your reservation will be honoured regardless of any outside influence, govermenent restrictions or any other situation that may arise. If we are unable to honour your reservation we guarantee a full refund, as per our terms and conditions. Furthermore, all payments for online bookings are handled by secure card transaction, providing further peace of mind, as all transactions are guaranteed via the online transaction policies of your card issuer, ensuring your deposit is secure, even in the event of bankruptcy of the operator. For more information on this click here"

Edited by Skylark

9 hours ago, Cheabb78 said:

For anyone still wondering about this guy... go to Post 8, that's where it gets interesting.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php/362549-Learning-to-love…the-car-edition

Wait. So he got banned from 4x4comm and comes back under a new name?

Does he run new scams there that get him caught, or just discovered as a double poster? No real crime for the second one, but looks like he is a real petrol head so can't line getting banned from that

I guess he is still here under a different name.

I think it's the 2nd one, so agree, no crime. I think people were just shocked that they'd been interacting with the guy for months on a variety of topics 😊

22 hours ago, Cheabb78 said:

I think it's the 2nd one, so agree, no crime. I think people were just shocked that they'd been interacting with the guy for months on a variety of topics 😊

ooh, so he got banned again. Had a quick skim through his posts. he has some interesting knowledge about online fraud.

image.png.04ecd67e97058c12db94a83372b22dda.png

Secondly, if there are any enticing bike trips in 2025, i'm not sure they will actually happen. Because if he still owes you any money, it looks like he has the means to pay you back.

image.png.320fde64f7bf7fb92a3ceb3d3dee76c9.png

While you  at it , mention the guys who was the organizers of the Tswane classic as well. 

Edited by Japie Nieuwoudt

• 5 months later...

Ugh, he is staying with what he knows (or thinks he knows)... And probably lurking on here again. 

Maybe just re-invent yourself, in a new industry, in a new country actually trying to change your spots and be an honest person.