12 minutes ago, Johan1983 said:

Weather update?

Screenshot_20230920_152306_WhatsApp.jpg.af4129fe000eb0d33d7745917979fefb.jpg

Ride forecast for 24 Sept 2023 at 07:35:

Temperature: 8.9°C to 17.6°C, feels like 7.1°C to 17.3°C
Wind: 11 to 28,8 km/h, with gusts up to 65,8 km/h
33% probability of 0.3 precipitation

On 9/11/2023 at 11:20 AM, JohanDiv said:

Did you guys decide yet what bikes you are taking this year? 

@Prince Albert Cycles any idea what the roads look like at the moment?

K2C is a B-race for me this year, so I'm afraid I probably won't be getting that elusive sub-4 this time around.. but if conditions are good for gravel bikes, you never know.

Guided a group of cyclists from Knysna to Uniondale this past Monday . We did not do Ou Wapad . Prince Alfred Pass is smooth . The climb out of De Vlucht heading to Knysna is rough with deep washouts. From Buffelsnek to Kom se Pad turnoff is good , better than previous years . We did not do Kom se Pad .

OK I've seen the press release now. Tough call for organisation to make, but the correct one given the weather forecast in my view. 

On their Instagram page:

*Lions Karoo to Coast event cancelled to due expected adverse weather conditions*
_Issued by George Municipality 21 September 2023 for immediate release_

The George Municipality Disaster Management team has deemed the Lions Karoo to Coast unsafe to proceed due to expected adverse weather conditions on Sunday, 24th September 2023.
We must put the safety of people first and after deliberation notified the race organisers of this decision at 20:00 on Thursday, 21st September 2023. The event organisers will issue a more detailed release to the rider entry database on Friday 22nd September. 
The Lions Karoo to Coast is an annual 100 km mountain bike race held in September down the Prince Alfred's Pass from Uniondale to Knysna. 
George Municipality apologises for any inconvenience caused due to the cancellation of the event. We thank the participants, and everyone involved for their understanding in this regard.

Feel for the organisers as well for the uptown folk that have already made their way down or were planning on leaving today. 

Ai tog, so disappointed about this.

Was last there in 2019 & really looking forward to a lekker race this time round.

I really hope they front up and offer us free delivery of the merchandise we ordered.

9 hours ago, Lynskey said:

Few drops of rain and all hell breaks loose. Let's see how the refund policy works here...

There is no refund policy if the event is cancelled for weather or safety. It's in their T's & C's.  So we can kiss that entry fee goodbye.

08fd6106-5f02-49e5-a0d2-8759f2c780e1.jpeg