Karoo to Coast

Definitely looks better than last week, but still too early to be accurate. 

Screenshot_20220920_211104.jpg.c050a58f1e7013a89998187aca0eccc2.jpg

Ride forecast for September 25, 2022 at 07:30:

Temperature: 10.8°C to 17.6°C, feels like 10.8°C to 17.6°C
Wind: 4 to 12.8 km/h, with gusts up to 19.6 km/h
Probability of precipitation: 0%

Can't ask for better conditions than that!🤞

Edited by JohanDiv

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, JohanDiv said:

Definitely looks better than last week, but still too early to be accurate. 

Screenshot_20220920_211104.jpg.c050a58f1e7013a89998187aca0eccc2.jpg

Ride forecast for September 25, 2022 at 07:30:

Temperature: 10.8°C to 17.6°C, feels like 10.8°C to 17.6°C
Wind: 4 to 12.8 km/h, with gusts up to 19.6 km/h
Probability of precipitation: 0%

Can't ask for better conditions than that!🤞

What website did you use for this, looks very usefull?

This is by far my favorite downhill race - I'm 10kg heavier than in 2019, so technically gravity is on my side this year and I should be able to better my 2019 time!

20 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

This is by far my favorite downhill race - I'm 10kg heavier than in 2019, so technically gravity is on my side this year and I should be able to better my 2019 time!

the extra 10kg will also help with the cold😅.

I went into 2019 with a tshirt and luckily didnt leave in a space blanket

On 9/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, JohanDiv said:

Downhill Race? It's my first time. Do I need a full face helmet and knee protectors?

I dunno if I would prefer all the uphills on this downhill race on Sunday, or all the uphills on the downhill race on Sunday in Jonkershoek which I entered for. For sure, the downhills at Jonkers are more fun, but this is maybe a to-do-again race for next year. . . that is unless Jonkers is up again on the same weekend, in which case . . .

Enjoy the ride on Sunday for the K2C folks.

It’s only really that Irish climb at jonkers imo and then only because a long travel bike has the turning radius of a interlink truck on those switchbacks lol.
I think that mid part at k2c where it feels like you have been climbing for 30km already, just to go around a turn and see more uphill - is mildly annoying 😅

my advice for the first timers at k2c would be: TRY and be in the clear before you get to it so you dont have to walk, but dont burn all your matches on that first climb….

people talk it up because its steep and rocky on the right where you have to pass all the walkers but its not that long or hard imo.
That mid part where it just keeps winding up and up and up can be soul crushing if you are already pulling amps when you get there. And then when all the juice is gone, you are confronted with that last climb up to simola haha.

enjoy