Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

3rd jab of pfizer 6 days before the race, yay or nay ?

Nay. You're not meant to do any exercise for 1-2 weeks after the jab.

2 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

got my 3rd jab Monday and certainly had some reaction, i was man down yesterday. Feeling a lot better today.  Where's your data on the 3 weeks?

7 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

No research has shown that it’s harmful to exercise after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Side effects may be slightly worse if you exercise though, so wait until they subside. I only took 1 day off with both my jabs so far because I had no side effects. Spoke to many riders that resumed easy training the day after side effects subsided.

okay, I did long rides after the 1st two shots without major issues but it wasn't anywhere near max efforts... but I'm looking now at getting it friday morning and tour du cap starts the thursday. Probably not the best idea especially since I still need to recover from today+tomorrow's intensity by then...

I heard many of my friends had a bit of a hard time for a couple of days after each shots, I had nothing, barely a little discomfort in the shoulder after the 1st shot, but it would suck being knocked out for 2/3 days guess I'll just wait to see if the new omicron one eventually comes out in march like they announced... 

Edited by Jbr

10 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

No research has shown that it’s harmful to exercise after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Side effects may be slightly worse if you exercise though, so wait until they subside. I only took 1 day off with both my jabs so far because I had no side effects. Spoke to many riders that resumed easy training the day after side effects subsided.

I never said that you can't. I just said that it's not recommended. The same recommendation applies to most vaccines by the way.

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

okay, I did long rides after the 1st two shots without major issues but it wasn't anywhere near max efforts... but I'm looking now at getting it friday morning and tour du cap starts the thursday. Probably not the best idea especially since I still need to recover from today+tomorrow's intensity by then...

I heard many of my friends had a bit of a hard time for a couple of days after each shots, I had nothing, barely a little discomfort in the shoulder after the 1st shot, but it would suck being knocked out for 2/3 days guess I'll just wait to see if the new omicron one eventually comes out in march like they announced... 

There's no harm waiting until after your "race" season.

Is it possible to get a earlier start without doing an official event

As I have Been  cycling for over 1 year 

My average is between 28-30kmh

Edited by Rayhaanwadee

23 minutes ago, Rayhaanwadee said:

Is it possible to get a earlier start without doing an official event

As I have Been  cycling for over 1 year 

My average is between 28-30kmh

You cannot reseed on Strava or self reported ability. Perhaps if you did an event not officially considered for seeding you might have an outside chance at registration.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Both my wife and I had zero side affects from our first two jabs and rode the next day at normal tempo.

Just had our 3rd jabs today. Be interesting to see if we have side affects this time.

This is my first CTCC and starting in 2C. What is the congestion likely to be here, especially on the hills? I've seen a lot of talk of people weaving and stopping on the hills in the later groups. I would assume this isn't the case in the 1's and 2's, but am I correct?

5 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

I went out for an interval session 3hrs after my jab. Set a new higher FTP…