Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

2 hours ago, Wannabe said:

Good news (or maybe not so good news due to my distinct lack of training)

I will be doing my 18th CTCT this year. Thanks to Eddy and and the accommodating staff at the CTCT Race Office. 

I will just wing it on my hybrid, hoping my knowledge of the route will enable me to finish without suffering too much. Anything less than 5hrs will be a bonus to me.

Lekka, Bruuuu. Daai Argus gaan jou fiks maak. 😎

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Lekka, Bruuuu. Daai Argus gaan jou fiks maak. 😎

Eish, ek weet nie so mooi nie. Klink eerder of hy my dood gaan maak. Verste wat ek in die laaste jaar gery het 92km, so die een gaan bloedsweet vat.

6 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Eish, ek weet nie so mooi nie. Klink eerder of hy my dood gaan maak. Verste wat ek in die laaste jaar gery het 92km, so die een gaan bloedsweet vat.

Mossel memory 😈

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Mossel memory 😈

Is waarop staat gaan maak. Maar die mossels raak oud, hul memory is nie meer so goed nie..........

Edited by Wannabe

5 minutes ago, SoloCyclist said:

Not according to ventusky.....50kmph wind by cape point

That's great for Smits - we get blown up there, making it feel like it's almost flat.

Its the rest of Atlantic seaboard that becomes the bugger. Especially Ocean View to Noerdhoek, into the headwind.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:39 PM, AJB76 said:

Nooit, I haven't been able to ride a bike for nearly 4 weeks cos of after effects of the 'vid. Got a "sort of" all clear from the doc on Friday that I can start training slowly again, but take it easy.

Me: Vo2Max and Threshold all day, every day till I depart for CPT 😜 😆 j/k

Well, so much for that idea. Head aches, occasional dizziness and increasing chest pains had me back at quack this week. More tests and X-rays and he's issued me a "stop-ride" until I've been to see a cardiologist. No appointments available next week. 

So no CTCT for me this year 😭

Enjoy it everyone, stay safe and have a lekka ride 💪.

43 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

Well, so much for that idea. Head aches, occasional dizziness and increasing chest pains had me back at quack this week. More tests and X-rays and he's issued me a "stop-ride" until I've been to see a cardiologist. No appointments available next week. 

sorry to hear this but better to catch an issue now than end up on a cold table.

There will be more CTCT for you to come back strong to.

All the best with the tests and recovery

57 minutes ago, AJB76 said:

sorry to hear this. but rather safe than sorry. thankfully you sought advice. hopefully any treatment will be swift and effective.

1 hour ago, AJB76 said:

After seeing this weather report I might need to go visit your Dr!

But seriously, rest up and I'm sure we'll see you there next year