Tour de France 2022

'Dale

58 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I thought you were talking about yesterday, sorry! I was 6 years away from starting cycling in 2014 so my history knowledge isn’t great 😅

There was a conversation, a page or two back, about him getting the same time as the peloton (in 2014), so surely Roglic could get the same time. Sadly it doesn't work like that.

edit: seems I too can't read... the comment that started with Froome getting the same time was 2016, and the infamous run up Mt Ven2 ☺️

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, TheoG said:

What happened to Louis?  Why did he loose so much time?

Perhaps not as comfortable on cobles as we thought he might be?

Burning question is will MCN be in the break today for the 5th day running?

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

From my view, the spectator was "in the road", looking at the group that has passed them. He wasn't looking behind himself until it was too late and that's what makes it look like they got out the way.

Almost all the spectator's feet are in the road

image.png.655e05856494a8bca5a891a325a1de91.png

I’m sure “the road” is the cobbles and not the gutter. 

3 minutes ago, jcza said:

I’m sure “the road” is the cobbles and not the gutter. 

I'm not going to agree/disagree on where the road is, but they have influenced the crash by stepping in towards the "road" to see riders that have passed.

For those more technically challenged cycling fans who don't understand vpns and such can subscribe to 1month dstv compact plus streaming service for R519 which includes channel 206 and gets you all the tdf action via the mobile app.

Froome is still in the race. H posted on his feed he's happy to get through that one

he's 4min 12sec down

Edited by DieselnDust

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Roglic dislocated his shoulder in the fall yesterday. H e borrowed a chair from a spectator and levered it back in, got on his bike and gave chase....

This oke deserves better luck

Jôh!

Seriously tough guy. I hope he has better luck going forward in the race.

54 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There was a conversation, a page or two back, about him getting the same time as the peloton (in 2014), so surely Roglic could get the same time. Sadly it doesn't work like that.

edit: seems I too can't read... the comment that started with Froome getting the same time was 2016, and the infamous run up Mt Ven2 ☺️

I edited my post about Froome... it was 2016, not 2014.

22 minutes ago, jimmycool said:

For those more technically challenged cycling fans who don't understand vpns and such can subscribe to 1month dstv compact plus streaming service for R519 which includes channel 206 and gets you all the tdf action via the mobile app.

Do you work for DSTV?

22 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Do you work for DSTV?

Lol, no. 

I just know that there are people out there who don't have the savvy for a vpn and also can't stand the glitchyness/ dodgyness of Tiz cycling and might not be aware that you don't have to get the full dstv package to watch the Tour.

I am on the road all the time and I appreciate the fact that you can set the dstv stream quality to suit your data availablity and still be able to get a pretty stable feed - even with a less than desirable mobile signal.

4 minutes ago, jimmycool said:

Lol, no. 

I just know that there are people out there who don't have the savvy for a vpn and also can't stand the glitchyness/ dodgyness of Tiz cycling and might not be aware that you don't have to get the full dstv package to watch the Tour.

I am on the road all the time and I appreciate the fact that you can set the dstv stream quality to suit your data availablity and still be able to get a pretty stable feed - even with a less than desirable mobile signal.

Was just joking, I do get it as i don't even know what VPN stands for.

55 minutes ago, jimmycool said:

Lol, no. 

Ok, I'll buy it.. Yassis.. Are you in Sales?