Tour de France 2022

'Dale

It’s a day for the break, hey. But, ja, this Tour has been impossible to forecast. Today’s hilltop is gonna be exciting as many teams are eyeing that first precious win.

The top 9 finishers all smashed the previous KOM up that famous ski station yesterday. By 30 seconds.

I miss the maillot jaune with black shorts. I miss the showmanship and flair of Alaphillippe. 

459EB948-49D4-4618-873E-C066BD4B864E.jpeg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pogacar just hit the deck, but luckily it was very minor. 

This is a reminder why you keep racing for GC, anything can happen and Pogacar can exit the TDF. 

This seems to be the Tour of ‘no gifts’, hey. Even today on this so-called medium mountain stage with a rest day in sun, the break cannot get a break. In fact, several big names are dropped in the first 90 mins. Eish!
Meanwhile, in the studio today, a very cool contributor today. It’s gonna be interesting and insightful.

955DCD73-C3AE-4895-8A78-1E8E4C41FF4B.jpeg

On 7/9/2022 at 4:22 PM, Frosty said:

Quite stunning - apparently this lake freezes over in winter. Something us Saffa's don't often get to see (frozen lakes/dams)
image.png.e4a01a1f3e7b75abbc3e4ce146abd734.png

I don’t habitually hold regrets yet I do wish I had taken up the offer to visit the now-passed Swiss paternal ancestors rather than favour work, more so since the acceleration of my cycling love and obsession.  Those road surfaces and climbs and descents and valleys look simply amazing.  Appreciate all your images.

Edited by justinafrika

Magical stuff from Bob Jungels, elevating AG2R's profile with so many teams desperate to register a win. This is such an important win as his GC-chasing Aussie teammate have been struggling for the team with the legendary brown shirts. A redeeming ride for the Luxembourger who had all kinds of mental and physiological demons to overcome, including surgeries, concussions and the psychological battles that accompanies all these ordeals.

"I am super happy. I saw my shape is getting better day by day... I gave it a try... this will mean so much for the team... I knew I had to go early to make it and get away from the favourites... I knew what rhythm I had to do before I explode... the last 2 kms were endless... grateful... thank you to everyone who believed in me over the last years and had faith..."

Pic: Getty Imagesspacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

7 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Louis moved up another 4 places on GC yesterday, currently in 22nd. Could move up even more today with multiple Cat1 climbs. 

Go Maincheese! 

Maincheese up another 5 places on GC. 17th now! 

Places will become more difficult to take as he climbs the ladder, some proper GC riders ahead of him now

10 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Maincheese up another 5 places on GC. 17th now! 

Places will become more difficult to take as he climbs the ladder, some proper GC riders ahead of him now

He is looking to be in the shape of his career. He’s been in the main group everyday. More long climbs to come so we’ll see how high he can climb in a manner of speaking 

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

Som e nice scenery, again, including some high altitudes in the distance.D6E24D4C-B2C7-4FFE-997D-AEAD5543DF47.jpeg.d567623db94aa9fe9036380b876c0d0b.jpeg

04CD8C72-E677-46FF-96ED-4B8321DD1596.jpeg.bb59e1bcf463aabee61c82cf3ac1b3ef.jpeg

Something Sagan did so well in winning all those green jerseys, going for the intermediate sprints.388C03BA-2F0E-4074-8859-224D4C22A9F8.jpeg.04d4d050e5e9f52c1854913ed84cc1dd.jpeg

A topic of discussion; the helmet hair

C9484A3B-542D-462D-A21A-6EA721FFD441.png.a965a539173a6d88b9c21fd99c2efa55.png

We were in the Aigle/Lac Leman area 3 weeks ago, including riding some of the stage route.  Picture perfect!!! Swiss is a stunningly "hilly" place.