Tour de France 2022

'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The final 10Km, and a fantastic stat below the graph... 42 wins for the young man.

image.png.bfa9e74d7499f18264325de9578358a4.png

Ā 

Big ring vs small ring; depending on the gradient, I prefer the big ring even if it means a cross chain.

129B5E6F-FCB0-4D6B-8CA9-065C317F5500.jpeg

531C146E-D02B-46DD-9078-0E71086E5970.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Big ring vs small ring; depending on the gradient, I prefer the big ring even if it means a cross chain.

129B5E6F-FCB0-4D6B-8CA9-065C317F5500.jpeg

531C146E-D02B-46DD-9078-0E71086E5970.jpeg

but want to blame the campag chain when it goes pop.

The American that forget that his rider profile is not thatĀ of a pure climber. McNulty has just booked another return ticket to the Tour de France. Sensational sherpa for his Slovenian teammate.

Nothing separating the yellow jersey from the white jersey. What a duel. Another superb ride by the Welshman with the turbodiesel engine. 'Evergreen'.

It seems that the podium is more or less determined, barring mushroom clouds or peculiar racing incidents.

Beautiful racing. What entertainment. What a pic of one of my favourite climbers, 'The Condor', in his natural element, although he prefers to glide in the thermals above 2000m above sea level.

Pic: Getty ImagesĀ Sportspacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

@Jewbaccabarring disaster, seems this is the end or do I loose hope too soon...4s a day surely won't cut it?Ā 

4s efinitely isn't quite enough if things go 'by the book'!

Tomorrow is another brutal stage and we saw just how tired they all are today.

I'm team 'a new winner' so I like this scenario. I can't help but wonder what sort of race we would be watching if Egan Bernal hadn't heabutted a bus

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

4s efinitely isn't quite enough if things go 'by the book'!

Tomorrow is another brutal stage and we saw just how tired they all are today.

I'm team 'a new winner' so I like this scenario. I can't help but wonder what sort of race we would be watching if Egan Bernal hadn't heabutted a bus

I'm still new to all the strategy, but ending thr tour hoping not to crash and following the other guy just isnt my thing. Bascally am just waiting for a flat or crash...loosing three weeks over 2s is painful.Ā 

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

A slow motion sprint - pro win #43
image.png.eb4d6533d6799180d6cbbf5711d44502.png

FYI. Tadej is in contention for the White Jersey competition for another TWOĀ years....

I can remember J. Wakefield telling us in 2019(it was either during LaVuelta or in the leadup), about this Pogacar kid and how we should watch him because he is really good.

How right you were John, odds are he will SMASH the Eddy Mercx stage wins record convincingly before he retires in 12 years time...