'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france/nairo-quintana-disqualified-from-2022-tour-de-france-after-testing-positive-for-tramadol/

Thought of posting here as this was where the offence occurred.

Sorry if i missed it elsewhere

Of course NQ will deny ever using it or knowledge of how it got into his system.

The next joke is that tramadol falls under the uci’s medical regulations and not the anti doping regulations, so he can continue racing, but gets dq’d from the race (TDF) where tested positive.

Sounds like something from a “Better call Saul” episode 

I googled it and it seems Tramidol (opioid) is banded because it might cause motor skills issues. Not so smart to take if you ride in a pelotons of nearly 200 people.

This peer-reviewed, but limited, study shows pretty significant performance benefits in a 20min TT:  

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/tramadol-found-enhance-cycling-performance-study-finds-357365

Interestingly, and perhaps counter-intuitively, it did not show mental function decline under these specific testing conditions, but I would not want to ride in a peloton on Tramadol. It feels pretty strange that it is not a WADA banned substance.

28 minutes ago, _David_ said:

I googled it and it seems Tramidol (opioid) is banded because it might cause motor skills issues. Not so smart to take if you ride in a pelotons of nearly 200 people.

doc gave me tramadol when I lost part of my thumb and it was lovely. definitely has an attraction when I have an owweeee

17 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

doc gave me tramadol when I lost part of my thumb and it was lovely. definitely has an attraction when I have an owweeee

Interesting. I got Tradadol after broken ribs and did not enjoy the experience at all....felt like a bad trip

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Of course NQ will deny ever using it or knowledge of how it got into his system.

The next joke is that tramadol falls under the uci’s medical regulations and not the anti doping regulations, so he can continue racing, but gets dq’d from the race (TDF) where tested positive.

more importantly.... Louis is now 7th overall😁

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

You have the Lotto numbers for me perhaps?? Hahahaha

Screenshot_20220818-120659_Instagram.jpg

4 hours ago, dexterdent said:

This peer-reviewed, but limited, study shows pretty significant performance benefits in a 20min TT:  

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/tramadol-found-enhance-cycling-performance-study-finds-357365

Interestingly, and perhaps counter-intuitively, it did not show mental function decline under these specific testing conditions, but I would not want to ride in a peloton on Tramadol. It feels pretty strange that it is not a WADA banned substance.

As a pain killer, I would imagine that TT's were faster because they didn't feel the burn and could push harder.
Performance enhancing, from that point of view.