Msg for riders in Tokai last Saturday

Edge_Design

On Saturday morning I was riding alone in Tokai and a small mistake put me face first in the dirt on Vasbyt near the quarry with more pieces of collar bone than I left home with. I couldn't get through to the Tokai MTB number so I had to walk/ride out.

So many people stopped to ask if I was alright and offered to help which was incredible even though there was little anyone could do.

Someone gave me his energy sweets which worked wonders with clearing my head for the walk!

Three riders got to the end of Vasbyt/DH4 and then rode back up to check on me and then stayed with me the whole way down - it was really nice to have some company and to distract me from the pain!

Thank you to everyone who helped or offered to help - it was really awesome and greatly appreciated!

arh reading the title I thought "here's another story of people being dicks" ! Thanks for this post that gives faith in humanity, sorry you had a bad one, hope you heal up quick ????

I had the same, ran out of legs at bottom of du toits and this lekker oke in PNS kit rode with me all the way to the top of the pass. 

I was without water otherwise I would have offered him some as he was parched. 

You know Vasbyt has a different meaning than biting the trail ???? 

I like hearing stories like this, not always about getting hurt but how strangers are still willing to help and care about each other. ????????

Hope you have a speedy recovery.