Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

6 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Nope, UCI/race rules allow you to continue, it’s the teams decision if you pull out or carry on racing…

I guess its better to exit on a high than risking him plunging down the order .... 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

I guess its better to exit on a high than risking him plunging down the order .... 🤷‍♂️

yeah there's many more races to be won for him, not worth pushing through on a sick body

3 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Uran is also out now with Covid. 

Seems crazy that there are so many, when it doesn’t seem to be such an issue anymore on a general basis, but I guess close proximity, multiple days racing and peak condition of riders (so suppressed immune system) probably has a fairly big part to play. Definitely sad for the race!

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

yeah there's many more races to be won for him, not worth pushing through on a sick body

Especially considering impacts of long Covid that have affected so many top athletes, if he is sick it’s probably the smart choice for such a young rider with his accolades and potential. 

2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

doesn’t seem to be such an issue anymore on a general basis

I dont know about that. I suspect its still doing the rounds, its just that with weaker strains, boosted immune systems etc. most are getting just mild symptoms and the body is pushing through like it would with any of the usual illnesses we get.

I know a few people (my parents included) where they thought they had a cold, but after a few days when it would not get better they go to the doc, doc tests and they have Covid. 

11 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Seems crazy that there are so many, when it doesn’t seem to be such an issue anymore on a general basis, but I guess close proximity, multiple days racing and peak condition of riders (so suppressed immune system) probably has a fairly big part to play. Definitely sad for the race!

It's definately still an issue, I got covid 4 days into a stage race last month. Followed all strict protocols. 
Many people are still contracting it, its that they don't really report it.

8 hours ago, Spookie said:

Thanks china 

12 hours ago, DJuice said:

Remco to make his TDF debut?

Yes please!

Still think he'll need some proper lieutenants in the mountains to compete with poggie (if even possible) and co.

Is it only me or is the official Giro website very pathetic?

They take for ever to update and the data/info is not presented very well.  During the time trial as an example, a third party site I found was much better (also not great) in updating and presenting the data.

The Tour's site is always not bad and not nearly as crappy as the Giro's.

12 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Is it only me or is the official Giro website very pathetic?

They take for ever to update and the data/info is not presented very well.  During the time trial as an example, a third party site I found was much better (also not great) in updating and presenting the data.

The Tour's site is always not bad and not nearly as crappy as the Giro's.

I agree. Tried and look at the full rankings and had to click 'load more' too many times to stay interested.

Also, no way of finding the withdrawals list. Le Tour and Vuelta have the same design and are far better.

Giro - beautiful grand tour, cr@ppy website. Though, it IS nice that I can download the Garibaldi PDF

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/giro-ditalia-grand-st-bernard-pass-removed-from-stage-13-due-to-snow/

Was fortunate to ride from St Bernard pass a few of years ago, mainly on the mountain on my MTB of course what an experience... My good friend lives in Liddes about 20kms from the pass... We got shuttled to the top and rode down into Martigny (Switzerland) and on another occasion to Saint-Cyen(Italy) will see if i can some pictures 

Edited by Meezo
Spelling