Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

7 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I don’t think Roglic is really known for climbing steep gradients. He used a very light gear as well which clearly assisted him. But yeah, when I look at Roglic, he’s not a natural climber like a Pog or Jonas just based on the eye test. A natural climber dances on the pedals and mixes his style with standing and seated. Roglic definitely has more a Froome vibe spinning a really high cadence.

I

Ok.
I would like to suggest getting your eyes tested again

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Thanks John, I wasn't sure about that but was hoping like mad.  That picture of Roglic sitting on the ground at the TdF after TP did the exact same to him is etched in my mind for ever ... 

As a Roglic fan I'm very happy he got this one.

Also very happy for Cav to get a win on the last stage of his last Giro.

Yes it's good to see him get this GT. He has had an incredible season so far this year to now with winning every stage race he has entered. 

Tirreno
Catalunya 
Giro 

2 of the highest level stage races until Giro to cap it off.

On 5/20/2023 at 6:14 PM, betaboy said:

The Tour will have all that… the first week is very classic! We are only a few weeks away.👍🏻

Yeah but it will still be won in the mountains by a skinny mountain goat 

38 = The oldest to ever win a stage at the Giro. Several years too since the win for the Kazakhstan-sponsored team. Would he have won without the assist of Geraint Thomas? Who cares. What a confidence-boosting stage win in Rome (surprisingly only the 4th time or something the Giro finishes there).

I suspect that Roglič and Thomas will be crossing swords again at the Vuelta; maybe co-leadership again with Geoghegan who is calling himself “fatty” while recovering in hospital after quite lengthy surgery on his hip area (hmmm, as I am typing that I am not sure he will be ready in time; then again medical wonder and relative youth and the best of rehab?)

What rider depth for Jumbo-Visma - losing 5 in the final week before the Giro, ending on 8, yet winning the maglia rosa. Meanwhile, 3 weeks and a bit before taper time for the Tour de France…

IMG_1001.jpeg

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

38 = The oldest to ever win a stage at the Giro. Several years too since the win for the Kazakhstan-sponsored team. Would he have won without the assist of Geraint Thomas? Who cares. What a confidence-boosting stage win in Rome (surprisingly only the 4th time or something the Giro finishes there).

I suspect that Roglič and Thomas will be crossing swords again at the Vuelta; maybe co-leadership again with Geoghegan who is calling himself “fatty” while recovering in hospital after quite lengthy surgery on his hip area (hmmm, as I am typing that I am not sure he will be ready in time; then again medical wonder and relative youth and the best of rehab?)

What rider depth for Jumbo-Visma - losing 5 in the final week before the Giro, ending on 8, yet winning the maglia rosa. Meanwhile, 3 weeks and a bit before taper time for the Tour de France…

IMG_1001.jpeg

I think they mentioned that the Giro will finish in Rome for the next few years to come, maybe even become a tradition like Paris at the TDF.

Was very special and a great spectacle for the whole world, great for cycling too !

11 hours ago, Mamil said:

It's official. I have a man crush on Geraint T. 

Oh do tell… must be a Welsh thing? 🤭

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, no weight bearing yet for the GC leader with red hair. On the mend. I’m wondering about a Vuelta appearance for him. 

One day at a time. One session in the pool at a time. The high performance life has high highs and low lows with tons and tons of hard work without the crowds.

IMG_1225.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Big news from the nr 1 ranked team in the world for 2023:

Giro d'Italia organisers RCS Sport have confirmed that two-time Tour de France winner Tadej Pogačar will be making his debut at the Italian Grand Tour next May.

Sauce: CyclingNews / Pogačar’s Instagram

IMG_4410.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

20 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Big news from the nr 1 ranked team in the world for 2023:

Giro d'Italia organisers RCS Sport have confirmed that two-time Tour de France winner Tadej Pogačar will be making his debut at the Italian Grand Tour next May.

Sauce: CyclingNews / Pogačar’s Instagram

IMG_4410.jpeg

Giro->Olympics->Vuelta on the cards? Just weird if he doesn't ride LeTour at all. Unless he goes there just for stage wins.

4 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

from what I read it is Giro-Tour-Olympics-Worlds

The Tour-Olympics interval might be difficult to be at 100% for both, especially if he goes deep at the Giro.

If I had to wager, I'd say he goes into Le Tour under-prepared, using it as preparation for what follows.

#uneducatedguess