2022 MTB Team Rumours

Archjuniour

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

This wasn’t the race event, it was the Adventure and trail or what they call it now

Like Danger Dassie said dab here dab there. So lets see what the new season holds maybe the team can try this MTB thing😂🤣

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Like Danger Dassie said dab here dab there. So lets see what the new season holds maybe the team can try this MTB thing😂🤣

2H30 behind the Elite mens winners
30min behind Elite women's winners
30min behind SV men

They gonna have to dab here and there alot harder. 😀

Great for them though, good to try new disciplines. 

Edited by J Wakefield

4 hours ago, Titleist said:

Strauss is also teamless as of last week

She announced on 31 Oct that she is leaving Bart’s team, ready for something new. 🤔 Wonder what’s coming up?

34 minutes ago, Foxy_Roxy said:

She announced on 31 Oct that she is leaving Bart’s team, ready for something new. 🤔 Wonder what’s coming up?

Wonder, but to think of it - does she really deserve a ride with a big international team? Or does someone like Candice Lill deserve a spot somewhere🤷🏽‍♂️

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Ah come on …. You can’t just reply with a a 4 letter word. That’s not polite😂

Agreed, we need more details. 

7 hours ago, Bman said:

Wonder, but to think of it - does she really deserve a ride with a big international team? Or does someone like Candice Lill deserve a spot somewhere🤷🏽‍♂️

She went for it at least, but didn’t perform.

I see Wessel Botha from team Nanotime had a “new bike day” ride on strava, but no photos or details…

8 hours ago, Foxy_Roxy said:

Saw her riding in Rola colors yesterday with the big wig of Rola. 

I've also seen Alan Hatherley riding in a Rola branded Hilux.  

22 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Saw her riding in Rola colors yesterday with the big wig of Rola. 

I've also seen Alan Hatherley riding in a Rola branded Hilux.  

Rola has been on board for those two and Candice for a while. Wonder if they will be Strauss’ main sponsor now?

Aren't most riders contractually obligated to see out their contract agreements before announcing new ventures and partners?

I have worked on a bunch of things under signed, really strict NDA's and it just wasn't worth talking about them until long after the fact. I'm pretty sure it's the same with these guys and girls.

It's amazing how social media has created a 'we have a right to know now' mentality fuelled by people desperately needing to create content like 'watch this space' and 'New bike day' with no information so it keeps all the fans waiting with baited breath. Suckers. 

They will all reveal their teams/sponsors as soon as they are legally allowed to. I'm pretty sure their sponsors also require that they do to get the fans buzzing.

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Aren't most riders contractually obligated to see out their contract agreements before announcing new ventures and partners?

I have worked on a bunch of things under signed, really strict NDA's and it just wasn't worth talking about them until long after the fact. I'm pretty sure it's the same with these guys and girls.

It's amazing how social media has created a 'we have a right to know now' mentality fuelled by people desperately needing to create content like 'watch this space' and 'New bike day' with no information so it keeps all the fans waiting with baited breath. Suckers. 

They will all reveal their teams/sponsors as soon as they are legally allowed to. I'm pretty sure their sponsors also require that they do to get the fans buzzing.

Yup. It’s part of the fun for us as fans.

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Correctly said, or they don’t have to announce it at all and simply show up at their 1st race in their new threads. 

social media has created that “we demand or have the right to know” I often get asked some pretty personal questions and when I don’t answer I have received abuse. However my reply is typically always “if you were meant to know this information you would have it and how did you get my number to WhatsApp me this?”

3 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Correctly said, or they don’t have to announce it at all and simply show up at their 1st race in their new threads. 

social media has created that “we demand or have the right to know” I often get asked some pretty personal questions and when I don’t answer I have received abuse. However my reply is typically always “if you were meant to know this information you would have it and how did you get my number to WhatsApp me this?”

Exactly this.

If you were meant to know, you would know. Otherwise wait until you know! 

I love watching bike racing and I love riding my bikes, but I actually don't follow anyone on socials or keep abreast of who is racing for whom until the season starts and I can have a look at the rosters. 

I'm a fan of racing, not so much the racers. If that makes sense. I guess that's why the intrigue is a little lost on me.

One thing that did surprise me a bit was David Formolo being a free agent. But I'm hoping he gets snapped up before the season. I enjoyed his racing over the last 2 years

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Exactly this.

If you were meant to know, you would know. Otherwise wait until you know! 

I love watching bike racing and I love riding my bikes, but I actually don't follow anyone on socials or keep abreast of who is racing for whom until the season starts and I can have a look at the rosters. 

I'm a fan of racing, not so much the racers. If that makes sense. I guess that's why the intrigue is a little lost on me.

One thing that did surprise me a bit was David Formolo being a free agent. But I'm hoping he gets snapped up before the season. I enjoyed his racing over the last 2 years

He is riding for UAE next year, not sure how that was in media. He was in our lab in Girona on Friday testing.