2022 MTB Team Rumours

Archjuniour

Just now, J Wakefield said:

He is riding for UAE next year, not sure how that was in media. He was in our lab in Girona on Friday testing. 

Awesome. His name was on a list published by cyclingstats of 2021 riders without a confirmed ride in 2022. Glad it was wrong. I hope he is going to be as exciting this year as he was last year in some of the classics.

The same list had Lachlan Morton and a number of other EF riders on it as well.

I remember looking during the 'is Doug Rider going to pull a rabbit' phase in October to see if the Next Hash guys were contracted or not. Something like that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Foxy_Roxy said:

She went for it at least, but didn’t perform.

She had a lot of bad luck. She actually performed quite well i my view. But needs to stay in the bike more

Tough scene for local sponsorship out there. Gotta feel for the local MTB professionals and semi-professionals out there. 

And for those aspiring to race consistently in EuroLand, especially with the red listing up-and-downs for South Africa.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, Jewbacca said:

It's amazing how social media has created a 'we have a right to know now' mentality fuelled by people desperately needing to create content like 'watch this space' and 'New bike day' with no information so it keeps all the fans waiting with baited breath. Suckers. 

They will all reveal their teams/sponsors as soon as they are legally allowed to. I'm pretty sure their sponsors also require that they do to get the fans buzzing.

I don't think it's created it, it certainly does feed it though. At some point people need to also take responsibility for their own appetite. 
But yeah, people have developed this ugly sense of entitlement and demand from people, particularly disturbing is when someone passes and people actually think it's ok to insist on knowing "what happened"

As far as athletes and teams/brands go, they do also often miss the mark on how to use the platforms available for communication. It's seen as an overhead and chore. Probably because there's a misunderstanding of what it takes to communicate and tell a story.

Instagram is a good example, and if people need a prime guideline look no further in how National Geographic use social platforms. 

2 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

I don't think it's created it, it certainly does feed it though. At some point people need to also take responsibility for their own appetite. 
But yeah, people have developed this ugly sense of entitlement and demand from people, particularly disturbing is when someone passes and people actually think it's ok to insist on knowing "what happened"

As far as athletes and teams/brands go, they do also often miss the mark on how to use the platforms available for communication. It's seen as an overhead and chore. Probably because there's a misunderstanding of what it takes to communicate and tell a story.

Instagram is a good example, and if people need a prime guideline look no further in how National Geographic use social platforms. 

All content is created though.

I've been on thousands of runs/rides/adventures over the last x number of years and not posted about it on social media. 

I kind of think the public expectation of social media often doesn't align with who an individual is as a person.

There are a number of surfboard shapers/surfers I follow who don't actually post many pictures of their surfboards or them surfing, but rather mundane daily stuff. Their 'fans' get annoyed. 

There is a lot of projection these days from the public onto those with fame of some sort. Some people choose to embrace that and 'grow their brand' while others are not comfortable in that same public position but are equally as good at sportsing.

The 'watch this space' is 100% baiting. It's as bad as an activewear selfie with a motivational quote

• 2 weeks later...

Haley Batten and Christopher Blevins have left Trinity Racing officially.

or rather the team and riders have parted ways through mutual agreement. 
seems Warner was right about the team not having an international focus in 2022 and further ahead. 

2 hours ago, Stevovo said:

First time I saw this for team ImbukotypeDEV 

Stuart Marais

Rudi Koen

Marco Joubert

Pier du Toit

Wessel Botha

Franko van Zyl

Any idea where Tristan Nortje will be riding? 

Also that Beers guy? Spez Factory team wake up and give him a contract already 

3 hours ago, Stevovo said:

First time I saw this for team ImbukotypeDEV 

Stuart Marais

Rudi Koen

Marco Joubert

Pier du Toit

Wessel Botha

Franko van Zyl

You forgot the Giant bit. From Spez. 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:12 AM, W@nted said:

I see Wessel Botha from team Nanotime had a “new bike day” ride on strava, but no photos or details…

Switched to Giant. 

2 hours ago, babse said:

Any idea where Tristan Nortje will be riding? 

Also that Beers guy? Spez Factory team wake up and give him a contract already 

Im also wondering about these 2. Im sure that John guy is burning to tell us but can't get into his Bikehub account to spill the beans. Ai...🤣

14 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

seems Warner was right about the team not having an international focus in 2022 and further ahead. 

Bumped up.

Edited by J Wakefield

On 12/28/2021 at 9:05 AM, DieselnDust said:

Maybe they trying to do too much ... the team was originally built around CX and Tom Piddlycock, I think it lost its way a bit after he left and they were doing CX, MTB and what else. Also in terms of resources, Chris was saying how resourceful he had to be for bikes this last season,  I reckon he is headed to a more well provisioned team like the Spez factory team, or maybe the road? Not that I am a Spez fan it should he said.

Maybe Trinity will stick to cross, they had a U23 win (on Tuesday?) with Cameron

Haley I have no idea ....