MTB tire tiny hole; won't seal

Fisan

Help :( 

I've been struggling with a new tire. Fitting was quick and simple, but ever since I got a tiny pinhole  (thorn or something) it won't seal. It just sprays the (Ryder sealant eveywhere). I've topped up with sealant - there's still enough in there, but the hole keeps re-opening -  painting the bike and myself in sealant.

What do?

The sealant is rubbish, sorry for those who believe in the brand in question but if the whole is smaller than the smallest plug then the sealant is not doing its job. The other alternative is to use a mushroom plug but I believe it is unnecessary 😁

4 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

The sealant is rubbish, sorry for those who believe in the brand in question but if the whole is smaller than the smallest plug then the sealant is not doing its job. The other alternative is to use a mushroom plug but I believe it is unnecessary 😁

Yeah that's just the thing. The hole doesn't warrant a plug. I saw now that the sealant in this new tire (Vitorria Barzo, Tan wall) looks darker than the sealant in my older tire (and in the bottle). Maybe it reacted with the compound? So I patched the tyre, going to up with fresh sealant...

Have to tried orangeseal?

Both teams Bora Hansgrohe and Israel startup nation use it.

It is the best out there

Edited by Furbz

19 hours ago, Mtree said:

Where do you find this in our wonderful country?

Lanoysports.co.za

Order 3 bottles for free delivery. A friend of mine ordered on Monday, I think it arrived the next day. 

23 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I'd patch from the inside long before I plug. Plugs are to get you home, not a long term solution to anything.

14 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

Lanoysports.co.za

Order 3 bottles for free delivery. A friend of mine ordered on Monday, I think it arrived the next day. 

Just FYI, this seals road tubes at 90psi so MTB pressures are no problem at all. Also 100 times easier to clean off your bike than the mess caused by Stan's sealant

Just now, Andreas_187 said:

Just FYI, this seals road tubes at 90psi so MTB pressures are no problem at all. Also 100 times easier to clean off your bike than the mess caused by Stan's sealant

As above Ryder is not a sealant it’s watered down buffalo milk,

proper sealant as above orange is good, I still love Stans

21 hours ago, Furbz said:

Have to tried orangeseal?

Both teams Bora Hansgrohe and Israel startup nation use it.

It is the best out there

Do you use the "Regular" or "Endurance" and why?