Squirt Cycling Products Introduce Easyfill Pouch for Squirt SEAL Tyre Sealant

News bot

31 minutes ago, Baracuda said:

I don't see how it improves on this Enduro Seal bottle that I have used many, many times. The Enduro Seal bottle also allows me to place exactly 80ml into each gravel tire. With the Squirt option is 120mm or nothing it seems. I am not sure how you accurately regulate the amount added.

I'm 100ml I mean % with you on that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Trashy said:

I think the lack of enthusiasm for this change is simply that the benefit to Squirt's profit margin is far greater than any benefit to the environment.

It's certainly not revolutionary enough to base the marketing on its slightly reduced environmental footprint.

Edit: For reference, I only buy sealant in bulk, and use a Stan's applicator syringe, which I keep full in my tool box for top-ups.

So Squirt make extra cash AND do marginally less damage to the environment and you're unhappy?

Tough crowd...or cynical crowd. Or Tough, cynical crowd.

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

So Squirt make extra cash AND do marginally less damage to the environment and you're unhappy?

not uphappy 

just NOT going to rush out to buy this when he already has A working solution...

The environmental argument on this packaging is can't see the wood for the trees territory. The packaging impact of sealant is a fart in the global warming **** storm. Even though it's an improvement I'm not sure why they even mention it. 

For me this product probably doesn't replace their small bottle (which I don't think is refillable). This would go on my bike packing gear list. 

Buying sealant in bulk will always be a thing for your garage stock.

Can't think of anything better to carry on a stage race! Eldron, do you know where I can get a few pouches? Nothing on their site.

16 minutes ago, Traverse said:

Can't think of anything better to carry on a stage race! Eldron, do you know where I can get a few pouches? Nothing on their site.

just make sure you don't mistake it for a gel if you're bonking... Can't imagine a happy ending to that. 

50 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

just make sure you don't mistake it for a gel if you're bonking... Can't imagine a happy ending to that. 

Great idea for stage races where the dreaded lurgy opens the hatches.

One pouch of Squirt down the hatch and all your holes will be plugged.

5 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Great idea for stage races where the dreaded lurgy opens the hatches.

One pouch of Squirt down the hatch and all your holes will be plugged.

So take a Squirt to stop the squirts .... :eek:

been using squirt sealant for probably 4 years now, 2 mtb's and one road bike tubeless. Cant say that I ever had a serious issue. as long as you are topped up it works like a charm. Like the new design, should make things even easier.

Has anyone seen a price on these yet? 

If the price per ml is in line with the 150ml bottles, then this is actually better for the guy who doesn't buy in bulk.  120ml is about right for a mtb wheel. 

6 hours ago, Traverse said:

Not a clue.

I also learned that googling "squirt lube" without adding bike and/or several other bicycle specific terms brings up some rather interesting and age restricted website 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 4/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, Eldron said:

I'm on both sides of this fence.

Any improvement is an improvement and I'm good with that. On the other hand, the greenwashing tends to negate that by promoting a marginal gain as The Solution, and people stop thinking when they leave the till cos they've done their bit.

Either way, it's going to take a lot more than a 30% reduction in sealant packaging for us to continue as a species beyond the next 50 years or so. But something is better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Eldron said:

Not a clue.

I also learned that googling "squirt lube" without adding bike and/or several other bicycle specific terms brings up some rather interesting and age restricted website 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I like its geolocation specific....I get pics of SQuirt Lubes bottles and Chains...

In Northern Europe ...ya nee well no sure...

2 hours ago, droo said:

I'm on both sides of this fence.

Any improvement is an improvement and I'm good with that. On the other hand, the greenwashing tends to negate that by promoting a marginal gain as The Solution, and people stop thinking when they leave the till cos they've done their bit.

Either way, it's going to take a lot more than a 30% reduction in sealant packaging for us to continue as a species beyond the next 50 years or so. But something is better than nothing.

Therein lies the rub. I'm 100% sure everyone on this thread could make several meaningful changes to their lives that would minimize their impact on the planet...but instead some of them would rather have a go at companies that do.

19 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Will help seal up guys battling with stomach troubles during stage races.....no more squirt 

Edited by TIB

I see both sides here. I think for filling tyres in the garage it is a waste and environmentally a nightmare. But the reality is that I will buy a sachet when I next see it. Just to put in the raceday toolbox or in a resupply or to take over seas when you need to deflate tyres for flying etc. I already have Q20, chain lube, and a pump behind the seat of the bakkie so this will fit there as well.

In the garage I will use from the bulk bottle, but there is a lot of merrit in this. I am also happy to refill the sachet after the first use to feel less guilty about the environment.

Bottom line- almost all of you that have recently had kids have used 100's of those sachets(there is little difference between that and a baby food sachet) feeding your ankle snappers so there is no leg to stand on anyway. I tip my hat to the squirt packaging team. 

Add to this- my local bikestore has a papsack box of squirt lube that you can refill your squirt bottles from for less than a new bottle. This for me is genius, better for the environment and cheaper so it is good to see they are innovating.