Ebike on sani2c

Kwagga van Zyl

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

I am just curious to know , How important is the time you take to finish an event for you, and why?

Not at all. Done 2 Sani's. Still do not know where to find the results, and don't care.

Almost forgot - I did pass some e-bikes, and some passed me. 😀

2 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Saw some Sani pics this morning and I was wondering how waterproof are ebikes? If not the guys must have been very nervous on the flouting-bridges.

image.png.cbd211713ae2dc6a076a46ad2ed9869f.png

That was one of the guys in our group.

On an old school bike...

He is now known as Damduiker!

9 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Saw some Sani pics this morning and I was wondering how waterproof are ebikes? If not the guys must have been very nervous on the flouting-bridges.

image.png.cbd211713ae2dc6a076a46ad2ed9869f.png

a couple of years ago a guy fell off the floating bridge and broke his neck on a submerged sandbank.

So I would still be more worried about that than getting my bike wet

47 minutes ago, throttles said:

Why an ebike rider would "race" a classic rider is beyond me..

Again ... ebiker ARE NOT RACING CLASSIC RIDERS, Their times don't count to anything to do with classics. 

Its the classic riders who are turning it into a race ....not the ebikers. "Ohh lets beat a ebiker and show them how alpha I am) 

Ebikers dont give a **** about where they finish. there are there for the fun and to get out, they just happen to be going a little faster than you

14 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

He is now known as Damduiker!

could be worse 😉

34 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

I am just curious to know , How important is the time you take to finish an event for you, and why?

Non at all... in fact I stop to take photos ... and make sure I get my monies worth at the snack stops.... 

1 minute ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Non at all... in fact I stop to take photos ... and make sure I get my monies worth at the snack stops.... 

In fact my riding partner and I use to start with the sweepers ....but I stopped doing that cause by the time I got to the snack bars they are all finished ... 😔

12 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Again ... ebiker ARE NOT RACING CLASSIC RIDERS, Their times don't count to anything to do with classics. 

Its the classic riders who are turning it into a race ....not the ebikers. "Ohh lets beat a ebiker and show them how alpha I am) 

Ebikers dont give a **** about where they finish. there are there for the fun and to get out, they just happen to be going a little faster than you

Do all ebike riders agree to this statement? How many of them do you represent?

Be mindful that i can and have differentiated that there are good and bad.

See my "pig" vs "flying Pig" comment..

Some may believe all are good and have the best intentions.. 😬 I'm more a realist to believe that.

2 minutes ago, throttles said:

Do all ebike riders agree to this statement? How many of them do you represent?

Be mindful that i can and have differentiated that there are good and bad.

See my "pig" vs "flying Pig" comment..

Some may believe all are good and have the best intentions.. 😬 I'm more a realist to believe that.

id say 80/20 rule.

maybe you just happen to attract the 20%

1 minute ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

id say 80/20 rule.

maybe you just happen to attract the 20%

Great so lets say 20% are "Flying Pigs"

Of the 80% how many have the technical skill and ability to match the capability of the "classic rider" they are seeded with? Keep in mind that they have a motor to aid on the inclines and >30km/h on the flats with pedal assist?

Hopefully you can see where i'm going with this..

40 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

All maybe except Pieterlab above. He seems to like to know what group he was seeded in and finished in....

20 minutes ago, love2fly said:

All maybe except Pieterlab above. He seems to like to know what group he was seeded in and finished in....

Yes, I like to start in the group I'm seeded in. Makes life easier for everyone...

25 minutes ago, throttles said:

Great so lets say 20% are "Flying Pigs"

Of the 80% how many have the technical skill and ability to match the capability of the "classic rider" they are seeded with? Keep in mind that they have a motor to aid on the inclines and >30km/h on the flats with pedal assist?

Hopefully you can see where i'm going with this..

If they are seeded then they would be capable riders ... Seeded means they have some form of riding experience .

its the non seeded riders that are the problem .. but that accounts for classic riders as well or Gym bunnies that spend 1/2 the year in spinning classes but have never seen single track. 

there will always be people catching people .. happens to classic riders all the time. 

but I stand by my point.. to say ebikers are not allowed to enter events as a blanket statement I don't  agree with.

Where do you stop when you start targeting a specific group of people ?

Women riders not allowed to ride with men? (I've often had to stop and sometimes assist  over technical section... or give just touch or advice if I see they are slightly unsure about a certain feature on an event - including w2w and Sani) - By your thinking I should be upset and ask them to be banned? cause one happen to get infront of me and slow me down. 

Grass root up and coming riders need to have their own event as they might piss someone off on the single track ? 

Hard of hearing cause they can't hear someone behind them shouting track ?

In every race that I have done there has always been some person that pee's me off cause they have done something stupid. but I don't rant about it, I get on with my life its not in my circle of influence. 

I dont go around spewing hate and causing division within the community.