Ebike on sani2c

Kwagga van Zyl

3 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Why are you so angry?

Angry? I guess your rose tinted glasses see only the side you want to see.... or do you deny your  comment of how you like to blast past people so that they can never see you again.... 

Or is your comment because I suggest in fairness to the OP concern that in events like this you should have your own ebike day, which then takes away from your little pleasure?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Do not generalize. A pig on an ebike will also be a pig on a normal bike.

It's often not the bike but the rider.

The point is that the eBikers who ride these events are probably not on the top of their game with skills or fitness because they need an eBike to complete such an event. They then mix it up with fitter more skilled riders on normal bikes and add to the congestion issues on the downs and technical terrain. That's the argument I think and it has merit up to a point, depending on the numbers involved, which would require some data...

4 minutes ago, shaper said:

Angry? I guess your rose tinted glasses see only the side you want to see.... or do you deny your  comment of how you like to blast past people so that they can never see you again.... 

Or is your comment because I suggest in fairness to the OP concern that in events like this you should have your own ebike day, which then takes away from your little pleasure?

Show me where I said "Blast."

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

The point is that the eBikers who ride these events are probably not on the top of their game with skills or fitness because they need an eBike to complete such an event. They then mix it up with fitter more skilled riders on normal bikes and add to the congestion issues on the downs and technical terrain. That's the argument I think and it has merit up to a point, depending on the numbers involved, which would require some data...

Exactly this - ebikes are not a specific problem but exacerbate an existing general problem.

Slower/unfit regular riders will tend to self regulate because their lack of fitness on the uphills will put them towards the back of the field where downhill prowess is less likely to be Minnaar standard - ebikers go faster than regular riders of equal fitness on uphills and will end up in a group "ahead" of their skillset where the fitter/more technical riders are...then cause blockages on the downhills...

7 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Exactly this - ebikes are not a specific problem but exacerbate an existing general problem.

Slower/unfit regular riders will tend to self regulate because their lack of fitness on the uphills will put them towards the back of the field where downhill prowess is less likely to be Minnaar standard - ebikers go faster than regular riders of equal fitness on uphills and will end up in a group "ahead" of their skillset where the fitter/more technical riders are...then cause blockages on the downhills...

I can agree to this... 

5 hours ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Hurt feelings everywhere!

I started in A Batch on Day 1, B Batch Day 2 and finished A Batch on day 3 on my ebike. And 'n was on an SL, not even a full fat ebike.

If I overtook you on a climb, I am sorry that I hurt your feelings, but that also would've been the last time that you would've seen me. No Normal bike caught me on any single track.

No injuries were caused by any ebikes.

Stop crying.

8 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Show me where I said "Blast."

Semantics......as you seem to forget in the moment and seem happy to blast past someone on a climb on your ebike and take small pleasure out of it.

The only angry one seems to be you in that people may have comments against an ebike rider like yourself as you are mixing it with A and B batch rather than being an ebike tourist and just doing the event for the enjoyment.

You will have your place and race, which should be separate to a cycle event and hopefully now there are plenty of ebike riders this will happen very soon in all stage races and such threads will no longer arise.

Just now, shaper said:

Semantics......as you seem to forget in the moment and seem happy to blast past someone on a climb on your ebike and take small pleasure out of it.

The only angry one seems to be you in that people may have comments against an ebike rider like yourself as you are mixing it with A and B batch rather than being an ebike tourist and just doing the event for the enjoyment.

You will have your place and race, which should be separate to a cycle event and hopefully now there are plenty of ebike riders this will happen very soon in all stage races and such threads will no longer arise.

I don't see "blast".

Thank you angry person.

Goodbye.

Just now, Pieterlab1 said:

I don't see "blast".

Thank you angry person.

Goodbye.

As I said, rose tinted glasses....

2 minutes ago, shaper said:

This type of rider is (in my opinion) the reason for some of the anti ebike sentiment.

Quite clearly doesn't need an ebike but uses one so he can crack B bunch and talk smack.

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

This type of rider is (in my opinion) the reason for some of the anti ebike sentiment.

Quite clearly doesn't need an ebike but uses one so he can crack B bunch and talk smack.

I also blame the organisers, how can an ebike be seeded in A & B each day?

1 minute ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

So much anger.... 

I think more people should ride ebikes and be happy ...

Yet reading you early comments is this thread you are right up there with your often sarcastic comments fueling the flames....

3 minutes ago, shaper said:

Yet reading you early comments is this thread you are right up there with your often sarcastic comments fueling the flames....

Did you at least enjoy this years Sani2C?

Edited by Pieterlab1

10 minutes ago, Eldron said:

El, let's meet up for a ride and you can see for yourself what these Ebikes are all about.

You might just have some fun.