does anyone know this fraud @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy)

Swannie87

20 hours ago, Ruben Hechter said:

I was contacted by someone who was interested in a bike I was selling. Started getting a bit dodgy to me and I asked for an photo of his/her ID. The person than actually sent me a photo of an ID matching his name. It was a paypal scammer at the end. But these scammers are getting clever and is one step ahead of us by matching their name to the ID. I have no other idea how to check if a person with who I am dealing is a scammer or not. Truecaller helps now and then though🤷‍♂️

Follow up the id and photo with a live video call

Edited by Hairy
Damned predictive text

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/31/2022 at 4:52 PM, ysteryeti said:

I think it’s between Swannie and myself, I have made him a commitment and I hoping to go our it.

Commitment se GAT man. See he was here in the dark hours if the night again

7 hours ago, Swannie87 said:

I have all his info id, location and bank details. I’m out of town as soon as I’m back I’ll go lay charges 

When was the last time you had contact with him?

@Matt is there any way to check if any new profiles were created very recently perhaps from the same IP address as you said Lionels profile has now been blocked? I'm pretty sure he will want to come here and see what progression is being made, Like our woodpecker mate Taun Bewsh1tter..

13 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

@Matt is there any way to check if any new profiles were created very recently perhaps from the same IP address as you said Lionels profile has now been blocked? I'm pretty sure he will want to come here and see what progression is being made, Like our woodpecker mate Taun Bewsh1tter..

You dont need an account to come here :)

15 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

We don't like to give away too much about our fraud prevention systems but yes, we can do a degree of matching.

He can see this thread without an account. The forums are on the open internet.

39 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

so there's this thing called a vpn.....

sorry if I gave away any tips for scamsters.

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

so there's this thing called a vpn.....

sorry if I gave away any tips for scamsters.

Was waiting for this...

And VPNs are becoming more and more common place as well...

Sure, but to register on Le Hub you need to have an email address of sorts or via fartbook or twatter. 

Perhaps there is a means via the way he registered on the hub to trace the chap? 

6 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

When was the last time you had contact with him?

Yesterday can’t get my head around what’s really going on E0CE574C-F2B3-40CD-8E0E-5EE4ACF060E4.png.776f9d511f214e20ed0765b8510d16f7.png

14 minutes ago, Swannie87 said:

Yesterday can’t get my head around what’s really going on E0CE574C-F2B3-40CD-8E0E-5EE4ACF060E4.png.776f9d511f214e20ed0765b8510d16f7.png

"Hi. I'm setting up some other scams to pay you back, but only if you pressure me enough with a Fraud Case at the Police and Banks, throw SARS into the mix and I might even pay you back before the weekend."

I’m starting to think someone close to him could have used his profile to make a quick buck and now he’s scrambling to make it right. Might be wrong, but he’s not running away. Ek weet ook nie. 

Does truecaller have the same name as you have it saved in your contacts? 

You have to like the first predictive text word suggestion for the reply... Yea... as if predictive text also knows he's talking ***

Edited by 117