Apple launches new Apple Watch Ultra

Matt

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

It's an iphone on your wrist, not just a sports watch

an idea so ridiculous I'll let Derek handle this one.

zoolander-tiny-phone.0.0.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

an idea so ridiculous I'll let Derek handle this one.

zoolander-tiny-phone.0.0.jpg

You guys really feel the need to educate us hey ?

33 minutes ago, Jbr said:

You guys really feel the need to educate us hey ?

Yes, along with your application for the Derek Zoolander Center for kids who can't read good.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Unless it’s offered on the Apple Watch benefit (Vitality), then there’s no reason for me to buy one. The R999 every two years is worth every cent, even if it is the non-Ultra edition.

Same Same - instead i flog mine on gumtree and use the proceeds towards real tech 😆

5 hours ago, Kom said:

Same Same - instead i flog mine on gumtree and use the proceeds towards real tech 😆

People do that?

That's pretty funny that the system can be screwed so easily

10 hours ago, Shebeen said:

People do that?

That's pretty funny that the system can be screwed so easily

Dishonesty pops up in so many places 

3 hours ago, BigDL said:

I'm not gonna do it myself, seems like a good way to lose money. 

But how is this dishonesty? You buy a device under a "contract" and then sell it. Same as selling any other item you have purchased. 

4 hours ago, BigDL said:

Not sure how this is dishonest? You bought one device and then sold it. There’s nothing dishonest about it.

5 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

I'm not gonna do it myself, seems like a good way to lose money. 

But how is this dishonesty? You buy a device under a "contract" and then sell it. Same as selling any other item you have purchased. 

Vitality works on a system of paying off the watch over two years by doing your exercise and meeting their criteria. So, it actually only technically belongs to you once you’ve “paid” it off. 

update - I’ve just read the vitality South Africa T&C and see that they do have a criteria where you can give your watch away. Not sure that selling it falls into the same category, but perhaps dishonest was too strong a word. Apologies if I caused offence. 

Edited by BigDL

3 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Vitality works on a system of paying off the watch over two years by doing your exercise and meeting their criteria. So, it actually only technically belongs to you once you’ve “paid” it off. 

Well there is no situation in which they take the watch back, you are liable for the cost the second you sign that contract. If they come for anything they will come for the cash. 

So the way I see it, as long as you pay them you haven’t done anything wrong. Same goes for cell contracts. I have sold some of my old phones before contracts were up where I bought a new phone cash. Still paid the old phone off. Don’t see anything wrong with that. 

Anyway, this whole thing is a bit off topic.

yip, same as selling a car you still owe the bank for. They dont care as long as they get their cash from you.

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

yip, same as selling a car you still owe the bank for. They dont care as long as they get their cash from you.

I am pretty sure you can't do that. The vehicle loans are classed as asset based finance and carry appropriate rates because there is an asset available for repossession if you default on a loan. Personal loan is a different story and the qualification and rates are adjusted for increased risk. So selling a vehicle you have financed is illegal from what I have read. Unless you are selling and will settle with the bank in the sale. Similar to how you need a letter from finance house when you take a financed car into another country.

24 minutes ago, dave303e said:

I am pretty sure you can't do that. The vehicle loans are classed as asset based finance and carry appropriate rates because there is an asset available for repossession if you default on a loan. Personal loan is a different story and the qualification and rates are adjusted for increased risk. So selling a vehicle you have financed is illegal from what I have read. Unless you are selling and will settle with the bank in the sale. Similar to how you need a letter from finance house when you take a financed car into another country.

What does this have to do with the new Apple watch Ultra?

Can we get back on topic of slating Apple products and there users?