Selling

American Flyers

I have recently been on a binge buying spree on FB marketplace.

A lot of the time, people don't know what they have. I bought a set of incredibly rare, collectable golf irons from 1980 in immaculate condition for 250zar.

Another set of 1978 Slazenger Jack Nicklaus signature irons in immaculate condition for a bit more.

Both were garage clear outs by people not knowing or caring what they are selling or it's worth.

I think a FB market place buyer expects this to be the case with everyone selling. Just say no and move on

37 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I have recently been on a binge buying spree on FB marketplace.

A lot of the time, people don't know what they have. I bought a set of incredibly rare, collectable golf irons from 1980 in immaculate condition for 250zar.

Another set of 1978 Slazenger Jack Nicklaus signature irons in immaculate condition for a bit more.

Both were garage clear outs by people not knowing or caring what they are selling or it's worth.

I think a FB market place buyer expects this to be the case with everyone selling. Just say no and move on

Yes. Therein lies the problem 

same thing when you list something, and okes appear to ask if they can buy X or Y part off it. 

Ja Sure, 

for 10k you get a free frame and seatpost

2 hours ago, American Flyers said:

Why do people offer less than half price that you are asking for?  How can they expect that?  

Offer them half the item.. the more we negotiate, the more I remove. 

Things are over priced here too

Just this morning someone put a year stock bike up for sale for R3k less than this years model NEW

so we may be entering a time to inflate asking price and expect someone to offer what one wants at 50% off asking..look i dont know these times are crazy

I too get "Ghosted" when enquiring about parts I just assume they do not want to deal with me cause I am ............... then I just move along swiftly