Van der Poel arrested in Oz

OVERDRIVE

On 9/29/2022 at 11:10 AM, Shebeen said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11256705/Furious-dad-claims-Dutch-cyclist-Mathieu-van-der-Poel-locked-assault-Novotel-Sydney.html

everything from this trashrag is with a pinch of salt. but it seems like only the moms were actually there.

I fully expect the dutch fans to find the dads' full identities now and give them the treatment they deserve (and a bit they don't). they don't look very belgian so there goes that thin theory.

Even though the news paper tried to keep the narrative going that Van der Poel was entirely at fault here, and probably deleted any comments that would suggest differently, one can see by the ratings on the individual “comments” that less than 10% of the readers agrees with the comments made.

Nothing to see here …

DailyMail_Comments_20220930.png

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, EddieV said:

Even though the news paper tried to keep the narrative going that Van der Poel was entirely at fault here, and probably deleted any comments that would suggest differently, one can see by the ratings on the individual “comments” that less than 10% of the readers agrees with the comments made.

Nothing to see here …

DailyMail_Comments_20220930.png

After seeing that video and those photos, vast overreaction by those comment voters and also by MvdP.  Mates and I got away with similar and other mischiefs as teens in the 1970’s, as did many more “laaities” on bikehub.  MvdP reacted way OTT, as he has admitted and for which he has apologised.  Imagine a stranger oom being that enraged, and coming at you so menacingly that he shoves you into the carpet/wall, in his onderbroek nogal.  For a prank…  Can’t be right, I can’t imagine that many hubbers would approve that reaction to their children.

- an admirer of MvdP’s pro exploits

Edited by justinafrika

43 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

After seeing that video and those photos, vast overreaction by those commenters and also by MvdP.  Mates and I got away with similar and other mischiefs as teens in the 1970’s, as did many more “laaities” on bikehub.  MvdP reacted way OTT, as he has admitted and for which he has apologised.  Imagine a stranger oom being that enraged, and coming at you so menacingly that he shoves you into the carpet/wall, in his onderbroek nogal.  For a prank…  Can’t be right.

- an admirer of MvdP’s pro exploits

so what you're saying is that when someone asks you to stop and you don't, you continue to antagonize, you're saying that they have no right to get angry and fight back ever.....?

once is a prank,

twice is annoying

three times its antagonism

seriously.....?

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

so what you're saying is that when someone asks you to stop and you don't, you continue to antagonize, you're saying that they have no right to get angry and fight back ever.....?

once is a prank,

twice is annoying

seriously.....?

Mostdef.  A stranger uncle in his onderbroek has no right to angrily shove your or my pranking kids.  

34 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

once is a prank,

twice is annoying

seriously.....?

No wonder people as so inconsiderate, if you can do as you please and not have any consequences... Sleep deprivation, stress and the most he did was grab one by the arm? They got off lucky.

Edited by Newbie321

11 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

No wonder people as so inconsiderate, if you can do as you please and not have any consequences... Sleep deprivation, stress and the most he did was grab one by the arm? They got off lucky.

Vicious circle ...

NO consequences for the kids actions ... so they keep pushing further and further ....

So what effective recource is left for the adults ??

An adult male chasing after young girls in his undies .... not his brightest moment !  At the very least ... put on some clothes.

We live in a cul.de.sac.  Few years back an 8 year old from a side road decided this was a nice spot to kick his soccer ball.  No issues.  He then started kicking it against my one week old garage doors !!!  I walked out and asked him not to kick it against the garage door .... twit kept on doing it while I was talking to him ....  I properly hosed him down !!!  He ran home dripping wet .... yes, his parents walked over immediately .... had I touched the brat it could have escalated.

37 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Sleep deprivation, stress and the most he did was grab one by the arm? They got off lucky.

You think sleep deprivation and stress qualifies you to "grab one by the arm” or angrily shove any child?  Come on mate, we'd want to do better.   

MvdP shouldn’t have been...

image.jpeg.35092893af3883daaa04ed31b000f4f3.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

15 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

You think sleep deprivation and stress qualifies you to "grab one by the arm” or angrily shove any child?  Come on mate, you would want to do better.   

People tend to get very irrational when sleep deprived or stressed. Hell being tired and driving is about the same as driving while drunk.

Should he have done better? Yeah. Should the parents have let their kids run feral? Should 12 year old's know better? Yeah. Shitty people all round

Did he ever push her? From the video it seems like she fell running away from him, he then grabbed her

Edited by Newbie321

30 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Perhaps the physical side is what's blowing this up ( I don't think it was smart , but totally not unjustified) 

If it was me ( sure hindsight and all that ) I would've done the same but ripped open the door and tell whoever it was clearly to stop f******* around. then close the door and call management anyway.

I would've liked to see the children disciplined hard but Aus is such A PC sh*tshow. 

Kids all over are becoming garbage ( yes there are clear exceptions but they are the 1% ) but don't ever touch someone else's child , not because they don't deserve A PK but because you're going to come off worse 

3 hours ago, Newbie321 said:

People tend to get very irrational when sleep deprived or stressed. Hell being tired and driving is about the same as driving while drunk.

Should he have done better? Yeah. Should the parents have let their kids run feral? Should 12 year old's now better? Yeah. Shitty people all round

Did he ever push her? From the video it seems like she fell running away from him, he then grabbed her

Yeah, no excuse for an angry physical response with someone’s kid bruh.  As for sleep deprived and pressured situations, we’ve been through several with former colleagues and I working up to 68 hours non-stop (edit: full steam, not relay, no breaks for anyone) on extreme medical rescues (including a loaded bus in a river at the bottom of a mountain gorge) on coffee and energy drinks.  And long hours on this:  https://www.bowmanslaw.com/insights/shipping-aviation-and-logistics/greatest-maritime-rescue-ever/

No-one in our teams ever thought that stress or sleep deprivation was an excuse for being unprofessional.  Just saying.  I’m not surprised that MvdP was apologetic for being the angry oom in an onderbroek.

image.jpeg.ac4e88c7a64ccce1bbb8db1e79f7b5da.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

I don't think anyone believes the kids should have got away without consequences.

I am, however, astounded by the number of people that believe it is justified for an adult male to lay hands on underage girls, under any circumstances.

Surely the onus is on the adult to behave as such.

There were many ways he could have responded, chasing them in his underwear and grabbing them was not an appropriate way to resolve the issue.

Edited by Trashy

39 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Yeah, no excuse for an angry physical response with someone’s kid bruh.  As for sleep deprived and pressured situations, we’ve been through several with former colleagues and I working up to 68 hours non-stop on extreme medical rescues (including a loaded bus in a river at the bottom of a mountain gorge) on coffee and energy drinks.  And long hours on this:  https://www.bowmanslaw.com/insights/shipping-aviation-and-logistics/greatest-maritime-rescue-ever/

No-one in our teams ever thought that stress or sleep deprivation was an excuse for being unprofessional.  Just saying.  I’m not surprised that MvdP was apologetic for being the angry oom in an onderbroek.

image.jpeg.ac4e88c7a64ccce1bbb8db1e79f7b5da.jpeg

And how many people do you think have the personality for that type of work? Or that when you are working for something greater than yourself or in the servitude of others it's easier to put things into perspective? Apples and oranges comparison that.

I'm also sure you never had a bad day in your life where you snapped at someone in your personal life?

Edited by Newbie321

We all have bad days. That is not justification for touching someone else kids in anger.

Call the hotel manager, go speak to the parents. Heck, get your own team manager to take care of the problem.

But chasing underage girls into their room and touching them to intimidate them? Please man.

10 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

I'm also sure you never had a bad day in your life where you snapped at someone in your personal life?

19 minutes ago, Trashy said:

We all have bad days. That is not justification for touching someone else kids in anger.

Call the hotel manager, go speak to the parents. Heck, get your own team manager to take care of the problem.

But chasing underage girls into their room and touching them to intimidate them? Please man.

Yeah never said what he did was okay, but you never know how people are going to react when you mess with them. The whole why the story was reported took responsibility away from the kids. Both things can be true, MVP overreacted and the kids pushed his buttons.

13 minutes ago, Newbie321 said:

Yeah never said what he did was okay, but you never know how people are going to react when you mess with them. The whole why the story was reported took responsibility away from the kids. Both things can be true, MVP overreacted and the kids pushed his buttons.

Clearly. No one is saying otherwise, not even the reporting. While both things can be true, their actions don’t supersede his reaction. Which by the way, he himself has copped to.