Rhino Run 2022 - KAMAAAN Benky!!

Shebeen

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing to watch this. Also surprised by how quiet it's been here concerning the race. Anyone know why Lael pulled out?

I think this is one of those events that is so far removed from reality for the average cyclist that they can't quite comprehend the extent of it so it just doesn't feature on the list of "rides to do", hence the lack of interest... well it's that way for me anyway. I think the Munga is kind of the limit for this level of craziness 😄

Having said that, I did the Plett2CT ride in April over 7 days and was pretty shattered most days and my mind can't come to grips with the fact that Kevin did it in 38hrs... "I can't believe" đŸ˜Č

14 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I did the Plett2CT ride in April over 7 days and was pretty shattered most days and my mind can't come to grips with the fact that Kevin did it in 38hrs... "I can't believe" đŸ˜Č

Haha, exactly the same for me. Kevin is a machine! 

3 hours ago, tinmug said:

Amazing to watch this. Also surprised by how quiet it's been here concerning the race. Anyone know why Lael pulled out?

Lael didn't start because her partner was sick so they didn't want to make the trip out.

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Having said that, I did the Plett2CT ride in April over 7 days and was pretty shattered most days and my mind can't come to grips with the fact that Kevin did it in 38hrs... "I can't believe" đŸ˜Č

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Haha, exactly the same for me. Kevin is a machine! 

In addition to that, they didn't do the "normal" Cross Cape route.
Have a look a the elevation profile just before they got to FHoek pass, they went up "Rusty Gate", a pass on gravel/goat track that is longer and higher than FHoek pass.

1st bump is Rusty gate, 2nd bump is FHoek Pass:

image.png.7e1d4d4081b3a79c301aef165aa8b9fb.png

Mind blowing...

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

In addition to that, they didn't do the "normal" Cross Cape route.
Have a look a the elevation profile just before they got to FHoek pass, they went up "Rusty Gate", a pass on gravel/goat track that is longer and higher than FHoek pass.

1st bump is Rusty gate, 2nd bump is FHoek Pass:

image.png.7e1d4d4081b3a79c301aef165aa8b9fb.png

Mind blowing...

Bliksem!Â đŸ˜±

they rode together for much of yesterday, and stopped/slept in the same packing lot for a good 7+ hours last night. 3rd place is well back!

Looks like BenkyBoo got a 10minute gap finishing out of the border post, which he held till aussenkehr, where they both stopped. Benky stopped for 25mins, Abdullah an hour.

The gap is about 30mins now, clearly the truce is over and the RACEWIN is goal 1.

only 900 nam km to go!

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

they rode together for much of yesterday, and stopped/slept in the same packing lot for a good 7+ hours last night. 3rd place is well back!

Looks like BenkyBoo got a 10minute gap finishing out of the border post, which he held till aussenkehr, where they both stopped. Benky stopped for 25mins, Abdullah an hour.

The gap is about 30mins now, clearly the truce is over and the RACEWIN is goal 1.

only 900 nam km to go!

This is textbook racing, call a truce until the last 800km sprint 

8 minutes ago, andrew5336 said:

If ever there was someone who lives the lifestyle he sells it’s Kevin. So cool. Amazing. Inspiring. 

Apart from being a machine and all round gentleman, Benky loves riding so much he’ll ride around the block with your grandma at her pace and be having a blast 

That route profile looks pretty brutal to the finish line - they are smashing each other now.
This bit makes the 'Cross Cape' section seem pretty tame!

image.png.f6dd9cb457606a7c644b186b74d22ef2.png

3 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Apart from being a machine and all round gentleman, Benky loves riding so much he’ll ride around the block with your grandma at her pace and be having a blast 

So basically whenever I get to ride with him đŸ€Ł