Tour de France 2024

'Dale

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

ya, with Adam Yates... that pretty much dooms the break's chances the way it stands I think

And then crosswinds + visma creates a mountain of chaos. 

This might not be a straightforward day after all 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

you'd think this curse would have been evident way before this... He used to be a ski-jumper you know... 🤣

.... I think Roglic being a ski jumper is the reason here ... he doesn't have the same number of hours as others on the bike, so a bit short on bike-skills (relative to other peloton riders) - having spent most of his youth ski training?

51 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

ya, with Adam Yates... that pretty much dooms the break's chances the way it stands I think

Sanity starts to prevail: Drop Yates out of the Break and it has a chance of survival:

6 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

Me too...

I find it is worse when I'm the full 10min behind, or watching live. Tends to be more stable when I'm 1-2 min behind the live feed. Hope this helps 

1 hour ago, lechatnoir said:

Yates and company caught... these 4 are left...1min20s up the road.

image.png.32130025d65ce15c06084822cf27ff5d.png

I'm going with Magnus Cort holding off the chasing peloton by 3s....

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Crosswinds...

7 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Yates and company caught... these 4 are left...1min20s up the road.

image.png.32130025d65ce15c06084822cf27ff5d.png

I'm going with Magnus Cort holding off the chasing peloton by 3s....

Nevermind

7 hours ago, Irvin85 said:

I wonder what the reason is for Roglic crashing all the time, is he taking too many risks or laps in concentration, poor positioning in the peloton or just plain bad luck.

He looks so comfortable handling the bike but still falls more than any other guy...  

This looks like completely bad luck... Wrong place wrong time

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9UeZZNNS4Y/?igsh=MW90cWxzM3g4d2pnOA==

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

Does anyone elses DStv streaming service periodically just go to a blank screen and only starts again if you go back to launch screen and click through again?

Yip

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

thank you very much.

Congratulations 🤙

5 hours ago, EddieV said:

.... I think Roglic being a ski jumper is the reason here ... he doesn't have the same number of hours as others on the bike, so a bit short on bike-skills (relative to other peloton riders) - having spent most of his youth ski training?

He stopped ski jumping as a junior and has been a pro rider since 2013. As in riding bikes is his job.

primoz-roglic-2014.png

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/primoz-roglic/statistics/overview

661 race days.

152 kms and 4,000 meters vert today.

It'll be Jonas's terrain with the final ascent up the Pla d'Adet just over 10.6 kms at 7.9% gradient. Can the maillot jaune compete or did he spend too much time in the wind yesterday, including competing in the final sprint? How will Evenepoel shape up as there is a lingering question over his capabilities in the high mountains.

Ineos-Grenadiers will want to move closer to a podium spot with their GC pick in Carlos Rodriguez. Carapaz, Hindley, Bardet and even Gaudu, who's had a rough home race thus far, will be stage hunting.

Masks are back in fashion again as the gogga is having a significant effect on the peloton. The weather gods will smile on the race today with a sunny 20s after quite a few days of humidity into the 30s.

There will be weary legs and tired bodies. Yesterday's stage at 48.8 km/h average or something was the 8th fastest in the history of the TdF.spacer.png