Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, hopefully some action from those two tomorrow, failing that this is right and truly a one man story for this year’s race

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Carapaz riding himself into the Polkadots! 

Would love to get some more points on the final climb.

Current standings:

image.png.d904fb88bd23cbfa1c4857f57129b8c6.png

image.png.2bbb209555bb4fdaa8494b829bc8f3b0.png

25 minutes ago, mikkelz said:

Not sure how anyone finds this entertaining. 

I know it isn't exactly unpredictable, but it is 1000% better than the Sky Train days with just boring pacing up a mountain without attacks. 

15 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Yip, hopefully some action from those two tomorrow, failing that this is right and truly a one man story for this year’s race

Nah the 1st 2 weeks of the tour was very entertaining. Jonas spint and 1 second win over taddy gave us hope. 

The pog has reached another level... im not a fan but its still something to watch!!!

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I know it isn't exactly unpredictable, but it is 1000% better than the Sky Train days with just boring pacing up a mountain without attacks. 

Well, without the Pog that’s what we will have with VLaB. Evenepoel and Pogačar will ensure that style of racing has a counterfoil 

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Well, without the Pog that’s what we will have with VLaB. Evenepoel and Pogačar will ensure that style of racing has a counterfoil 

100% - adding some panache! 

Two days to go. It’s no longer a race for the win but it can still be lost. I pray for good luck and that the deserving winner raises the trophy in Nice on Sunday.

what have I learned over the 3 weeks?

- trust your understanding of training. Vingegaard came into the tour undertrained. He bluffed his way through the first week but his game was up by the end do week 2. That first week of bluffing made me doubt his integrity but if I had had trusted my understanding I wouldn’t have doubted him and that he would eventually crack. Still too many memories of the EPO and how counterintuitive those performances were. So Jonas, my bad. A brave and valiant campaign to podium , which is still a massive achievement after April.

- fuelling is such a key aspect to performance today. EPO was the fuel of the 90’s-00’s, now it’s CHO/hr, NaCl in H2O/hr and altitude training

- there is a lot of fake news and click bait on the internet. So your research. Everyone is competing for your viewership so if they can draw you in with half truths , lies, dam lies and statistics, they will. Do your own math.

- there’s never been a better time to be watching cycling. The best riders that have ever lived on the most advanced bikes the UCI will allow employing the smartest coaches and sports scientists. A book you bought on nutrition 2 years ago is fire starters today.

- the old guard ex pros turn pundit bring a lot of perspective and value despite their background. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water they say.

- South Africa and Africa is on the cycling map. From our sports scientists, to riders to Biniam Girmay, Africa is emerging out of the shadows despite the challenges ! Chapeau!!

- bring on the Olympic road race, Vuelta and Woeld Champs. The last time we had such an exciting season I was in high school.

4 hours ago, babse said:

Nah the 1st 2 weeks of the tour was very entertaining. Jonas spint and 1 second win over taddy gave us hope. 

The pog has reached another level... im not a fan but its still something to watch!!!

Now I I know what it was like for the haters in the “he who may not be mentioned era”

For some reason I can’t stand pogicar and with that perspective his 4 th stage win just shows what a  🐈‍⬛ he is

I’ll be in Monaco this weekend, look for the guy throwing rotten eggs and boo’s in his direction

🥰  😳 

14 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Now I I know what it was like for the haters in the “he who may not be mentioned era”

For some reason I can’t stand pogicar and with that perspective his 4 th stage win just shows what a  🐈‍⬛ he is

I’ll be in Monaco this weekend, look for the guy throwing rotten eggs and boo’s in his direction

🥰  😳 

I'm very curious how you arrived at these opinions.

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Two days to go. It’s no longer a race for the win but it can still be lost. I pray for good luck and that the deserving winner raises the trophy in Nice on Sunday.

what have I learned over the 3 weeks?

- trust your understanding of training. Vingegaard came into the tour undertrained. He bluffed his way through the first week but his game was up by the end do week 2. That first week of bluffing made me doubt his integrity but if I had had trusted my understanding I wouldn’t have doubted him and that he would eventually crack. Still too many memories of the EPO and how counterintuitive those performances were. So Jonas, my bad. A brave and valiant campaign to podium , which is still a massive achievement after April.

- fuelling is such a key aspect to performance today. EPO was the fuel of the 90’s-00’s, now it’s CHO/hr, NaCl in H2O/hr and altitude training

- there is a lot of fake news and click bait on the internet. So your research. Everyone is competing for your viewership so if they can draw you in with half truths , lies, dam lies and statistics, they will. Do your own math.

- there’s never been a better time to be watching cycling. The best riders that have ever lived on the most advanced bikes the UCI will allow employing the smartest coaches and sports scientists. A book you bought on nutrition 2 years ago is fire starters today.

- the old guard ex pros turn pundit bring a lot of perspective and value despite their background. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water they say.

- South Africa and Africa is on the cycling map. From our sports scientists, to riders to Biniam Girmay, Africa is emerging out of the shadows despite the challenges ! Chapeau!!

- bring on the Olympic road race, Vuelta and Woeld Champs. The last time we had such an exciting season I was in high school.

"Fueling" is allowing ONLY Pogocar to beat the worlds best climbers by minutes?

All of them have the same access to nutrition and altitude training and all the rest.

If Chris Froome did this a few years ago, everyone would be screaming EPO from the roof tops. He had that one huge stage in the Giro "which raised questions"; but if he did 5 days of it back-to-back, the press would be going mad.

Pogocar does it for a week on the Giro, followed by 6-8 days of thrashing everyone on the TdF, and we need to believe it is due to his access to special nutrition?

Even Lance Armstrong is saying "buddy you pushing your luck, you got to dial it back a little"

Edited by Baracuda