Tour de France 2024

'Dale

About today:

Really want Sagan or Bini to win.

Meanwhile, Sep van Marcke retires with immediate effect. What a pro.

It appears that the Wolf Pack got the speech from Patrick last night to bring home some gold.

Average racing speed today with the tailwind - mid 50s. Bliksem.

EDIT: My complicated mind.🤐

Edited by 'Dale

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

New-yet-to-be-released Enve handlebars. GP 5000 TT TR tyres. Carbon Ti disc rotors (about 400 you-rows each) and chain ring as aftermarket upgrades. 32c tyres which I imagine is for more comfort to support the UAE GC leader's wrist still healing up. Darimo carbon seat post, unbranded (which will cost 319 you-rows) and coming in at roughly 7.245 kgs.

Pic: Bikeradar / Simon von Bromley / Our Media

spacer.png

That is quite a machine draped in all sorts of expensive and aero trickery.
Are the riders still chasing the 6.8kg limit ?
I am not referring to this bike, but more 'in general' ?

There were a number of raised pedestrian crossings in the lead up to the finish. I thought the uneven terrain is what threw Cav off balance. 

Jasper is the fastest sprinter in the world - has been since last year - he is also extremely fearless and aggressive. 

Would surprise me if he didn't win every sprint stage at the Tour. 

Hey guys, those watching on GCN+ with VPN, what location are you using? I have tried uk, Germany and Switzerland, but my picture quality moves around between rubbish and worse.

I am using a paid version of Windscribe VPN for what it’s worth. 

so I'm trying to watch on tiz. It plays for a few minutes and then stops.

anyone else have this issue ?

am trying through a VPN, trying various countries, and have tried without VPN

2 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Tiz is a pirated stream. More likely take down notices and technical limitations on their side than anything you can do.

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Tiz was doing the same with us, then eventually bombs out completely and gives a copyright warning. 

while TIZ works, the image is great. But switching over to GCN, picture looks like it was shot using a Nokia 6310

I’m having no issues with GCN and a proper vpn 

picture is better than dstv and I can listen in Dutch although the pommie bias commentary has been toned down the last 12min

7 hours ago, Nick said:

This was my initial reaction too BUT if you blame others then do you avoid doubting your own abilities? You come across badly but one way to keep your head in the game for the next sprint. Especially with MvdP and Jasper firing.

To reflect on my comments yesterday. Mark was good in his day, maybe one of the best but thise days are gone. He can't take a loss like the other guys.

2 hours ago, Moonhowler said:

Hey guys, those watching on GCN+ with VPN, what location are you using? I have tried uk, Germany and Switzerland, but my picture quality moves around between rubbish and worse.

UK

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Gutted for Cavendish that his tour ends like this. A moment of inattentiveness and it’s the ambulance 

What actually happened? It was difficult to tell. 

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

What actually happened? It was difficult to tell. 

It seemed like there was a ‘ripple’ through the pack, where road narrowed, and this effect always amplified further towards the back; can guess there was a ‘compression’, and he touched wheels - I think a team mate also fell, might be that was the wheel he touched…?

4 hours ago, Moonhowler said:

The VPN that is part of my Norton works lekka..no fault there...even with my 40Mbps line..UK location...buffer free stream...👍