Never trust anybody!!

driewiel

Mid-morning ride out towards ORT. Decide to add 5km and head down Jet Park Road - south towards Kraft Rd next to the railway track. Recently tarred so nice ride. BMW, no plates (well I think temp plates) waves what looks like GPS. Two gents, Stop, park on passenger side. Guy shows me a SAPS badge (was what the driver waved out the window earlier). No they are looking for somebody selling drugs and stolen goods, did I see anything suspicious. Long story short, can I take their number. Not long before he is typing his details. OOK MAAR LEKKER STUPID, my phone is no longer in my care. Be careful. 😡

15 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Did you give them your phone so they could type their number? 

Looks like it

14 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Sorry to hear this but how difficult is it to type "weird cop" and "0821231234" into your own phone. 

You never hand a stranger your phone...

Gloves, sweaty hands, guy purposefully speaking k@k so you can't figure out what they saying 🤷‍♂️

Rule of thumb to apply going forward though, give me your number on a business type card/piece of paper or the SAPS office through which I can relay the message to you but my phone will not leave my hand or better yet my pocket.

Sorry about your mishap. It sucks that they impersonated a cop too, but then i dont trust the police either.

on a lighter note…is it then just me that makes people give me a missed call if i need to save a number. ‘Aint nobody got time’ to look for the contacts app, type a number, type firstname -wierd, lastname - cop, and hit save. 
😊

still waiting for OP to come back with more details.

Is it just me that wants to change the thread title to "Never dont trust anybody" ?

You know like the Never Dont Give Up hashtag.