No Black Friday threads this year?

Darko

19 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

B.T.W. someone posted about a website in another thread where you can see the price history of an item from takealot. Servaltracker.co.za

Very useful for checking if that deal is actually a deal.

I've just noticed the inverted we bought has increased by 18% in the last month, it will be interesting to see if they do a "Black Friday" deal on it tomorrw.

image.png.becd4b76d57b2daadd0f2c1220ae2795.pnghere's a good example on a samsung LED tv

15 nov, RRSP = R17k, but now for R10k

25 nov/BF RRSP = R19k, buy now for R14k5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Thread hi-jack .... 

What are your experiences of the Garmin 830 vs the 530 ?  Seems it boils down to buttons vs touch screen .... 

I have been in the button camp to date ....

Watter een ?

Hoekom ?

Screenshot_20221125-185856_Chrome.jpg.39aef372cb641a2140e605fbebda2943.jpg

On 11/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, ChrisF said:

Thread hi-jack .... 

What are your experiences of the Garmin 830 vs the 530 ?  Seems it boils down to buttons vs touch screen .... 

I have been in the button camp to date ....

830 has a better processor and more memory,

On 11/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, HdB said:

Set of wheels from ChainReactionCycles arrived this morning. Shipped on Sunday, so I'm very impressed with DHL Express!

I've not been following this tread, just had to share experience with Chainreaction and DHL Express. I ordered 7x tires and a jersey from Chainreaction (Birmingham) on Tuesday morning. The GBP181 spend got me "free shipping". My parcel is our for delivery in Somersert West. 3days, may have been a mistake (free DHL Express) - now possibly a PR.

50 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Evobikes must of been kicked in the balls this year ser their site was down for a long time...

WORST possible week to have been off ....

3 hours ago, Meezo said:

Evobikes must of been kicked in the balls this year ser their site was down for a long time...

not that it helps and I don't know the background, but if you are an online business then you need to be able to handle the traffic, it is easy to scale up these days so was probably all avoidable.

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

not that it helps and I don't know the background, but if you are an online business then you need to be able to handle the traffic, it is easy to scale up these days so was probably all avoidable.

it was off before friday...so don't think it was BF traffic related. something else happened. 

PS...um kind of glad it was off in a sense, They had 12 spd XX1 chains on special and on the Monday I added one to my basket ready to pull the trigger....but then it went down. CWC had (still has i think) XX1 chains at -30% so got it cheaper in the end

Edited by MORNE

• 11 months later...

Time to resurrect this thread ....

WORD OF CAUTION .... as if we dont know it already .....

The game of doubling the RRP is on again !! 🤦‍♂️

When you items on "special" for R 4 900, RRP nearly R9k, but the same item (Parktool item, with the exact same item code) is at the competition for R4 190 without any Black Friday garble ....

BE AWAKE .... the season is upon us ....

Here's hoping for some actual specials :thumbup:

I normally never do Black Friday deals on the wheels I build, but this year my suppliers have come to the party.

I can offer SOME builds at prices I haven't been able to manage since 2018.

I never discount what I charge to build wheels though - you don't want me reducing the attention and care that goes into the process :) 

Need wheels, let me know.

Some combos on my website now:
wheelbuilder dot coza

On 11/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, Mokgaga said:

black friday is a scam 🙄

only when RSA stores do BS discounts like 10 or 20 or 30%.

Th epoint is/was to clear stock for new incoming, not to arbitrarily markdown a load of *** at a *** discount %.

Just now, Thermophage said:

only when RSA stores do BS discounts like 10 or 20 or 30%.

Th epoint is/was to clear stock for new incoming, not to arbitrarily markdown a load of *** at a *** discount %.

The other side of the coin is people looking for ridiculous discounts on products because its black friday.

Honda is offering a 80k discount on the outgoing CRV. Thats around 10.5% off, which is substantial in these times and doesnt leave much wiggle room left for the dealer.

This is not a BF only special.

But we still get people asking "is that all you'all are offering". Telling us they were hoping for more.