Zwift watts

J Wakefield

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

Will CSA take any action against him? He did represent the country on international level?

Untitled....png

But it’s CSA that chose him to represent,where were the checks and balances especially since he was flagged as been dodge.

Unfortunately he won’t be the last in SA.Talk to anyone racing league and they will give you a couple of names of suspicious people (men and women).

How is it possible that someone wins virtually every league race in season and then on the last race(where everyone physically comes together for race) gets absolutely caned.Like race is finished and ready for prize giving and they still on the course πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love zwift racing. I just squeek into B batch which means I can pretty much predict where I'll finish before the race starts but its great fun knowing I can't sprint for toffee and so trying to snap the elastic in the groupetto as we get 2k from the line while pretending I'm in a winning breakaway. It keeps my small mind entertained while I sweat bullets.

Also entering a 20 minute Crit in a big field is a great way to do a ftp test.

But I agree with the OP... Really stupid to give oneself a 25 percent boost into the "Armstrong on an extra 2 pints of blood with extra sauce" territory and expect not to get caught.

I have been saying this for years about KOM's. Digital doping is a lot easier than people believe.

If you really wanted to you could easily max out your vitality points with nothing more than a laptop, some python and a free garmin/suunto/fitbit account...

Β 

I am glad he was caught, glad they are tracking it. As for the rider himself- really that is sad.

It is a bit like the old liver king this week. when it seems to good to be true. It usually is.

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

You're one of those that are strong on the IDT AND on the road. Some get dropped in all the real races but are suddenly consistently in the front when it's onlineΒ πŸ˜…

I used to be decent online and *** in the real races on the old trainer/old power meter et now really really crap online and not too bad on the actual roads... go figure. Getting good Zwift results (cheating aside), seem to be very dependent to 1) the actual time you spend on the trainer to get used to it and match your outdoor numbers indoors), 2) wether your +/-2% power meter is -2% or +2% πŸ˜….

The % discrepancy exist in real life too... some guys race with a MTB in gravel racesΒ πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

18 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

The % discrepancy exist in real life too... some guys race with a MTB in gravel racesΒ πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

LOL - and some race with a Roadbike in Gravel races... (and win them)Β πŸ€ͺπŸ™ƒ

Edited by Johan A Marais

It's not uncommon for your indoor numbers to be higher than outdoors because you could be sitting on the bike differently... there is an amount of watts sacrificed to rather be in an aero position outside. You don't need any energy put into bike handling, you could potentially be in an airconditioned room etc. Same reasons could be reversed... if you in a very hot garage with no fan your numbers will go down. This cheat however is next level.

48 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

It's not uncommon for your indoor numbers to be higher than outdoors because you could be sitting on the bike differently... there is an amount of watts sacrificed to rather be in an aero position outside. You don't need any energy put into bike handling, you could potentially be in an airconditioned room etc. Same reasons could be reversed... if you in a very hot garage with no fan your numbers will go down. This cheat however is next level.

this guy has more crap in his garage than me*!!

Β 

both from the dcrianmaker article

2022-12-08 (9)

Β 

Β 

Β 

*just kidding, mine is waaaay messier

21 hours ago, fanievb said:

He stole a KOM from me, do you think Strava will give it back to me? (seeing as he is a cheater/doper)

https://www.strava.com/segments/20124657Β 

Β 

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

1s is doable... do some training and take it back. But don't go all out, so you can go even harder the next time. There was a dog/boet fight for a segment close by... the KOM hopped around between 3-4 people for about 6 months. Amazing what 4m MAP efforts can do for one's form (when it's time to do them).

I see I'm at the top again, someone probably flagged his ride/sΒ 

cheating-cheater.gif
Β 

5 minutes ago, fanievb said:

I see I'm at the top again, someone probably flagged his ride/sΒ 

That was easy. πŸ‘πŸ»

I have spent a fair amount of time riding and racing on Zwift and mentioned a few years back that guys were maipulating trainer power / own power meter (Scale factor).Β 

Zwift Racing tried to combat this by adding in duel recoring for the top tier teams - The guys just got smarter...

Anyone can be a rocket on Zwift if you use a left side power meter as your data and not the actual trainer,Β 

and here i am linking my scale to auto update my Zwift weight to ensure its spot on...

i even go so far as to ramp the trainer effect up to 100% to ensure a 8% hill actually feels and rides like one.

i have competed in C group races and nearly won a couple.

then as my power increased it was only right i move up to B group racing - where i was promptly smoked each and ever time. that said i still had fun forming a group and racing the guys who had equal strength to me back in 30th to 60th position.

i still do have fun, except these days it mid C packΒ 

Β 

Truly sad that guys and girls will go to these lengths to be 'the best' get cocky and think they will never get caught. Now that he has been caught out, he will never be able to return, even with a 6 month ban - he could only hack it because he hacked the hardware/software.

Surely if you are able to win a UCI esport event you should be able to compete upfront with the elites in an actual race?Β 

11 hours ago, Mongoose! said:

Will CSA take any action against him? He did represent the country on international level?

Untitled....png

Eddy Foole professional athlete?

Never heard of the fool

Doubt CSA have either, but Ja should be treated the same as if it was conventional doping with sauceΒ 

Β 

6 hours ago, BrettS said:

Truly sad that guys and girls will go to these lengths to be 'the best' get cocky and think they will never get caught. Now that he has been caught out, he will never be able to return, even with a 6 month ban - he could only hack it because he hacked the hardware/software.

Surely if you are able to win a UCI esport event you should be able to compete upfront with the elites in an actual race?Β 

If he was doing those kind of numbers in our elite races we wouldn’t see him for a very long time that’s for sure

16 minutes ago, Jbr said:

If he was doing those kind of numbers in our elite races we wouldn’t see him for a very long time that’s for sure

Let me chip in here. I have had the privilege of taking part in a few real life local races with the athlete in question. All I can comfortably say is that there is a definite discrepancy between his IRL performances and Zwift performances. Will leave it there.Β 

Edited by warick_wrx