Riding with friends who are separated

OVERDRIVE

My two cents. I don’t think you should be too fussed tbh as it’s not your problem. If one of them wants to ride then ride. If both wanna ride then ride as well. I don’t see it should really matter to you or the group as a collective. At the end of the day, the 2 parties need to sort the issues out between them and come to some sort of an arrangement. I

15 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

May I ask 

When you ride as a crew with mates who are married/engaged/dating. When they break up do we still ride together, do we ride with one not the other, do we ride with the one we initially rode with before they got together? 

Asking for a friend. 

ride with the one who  gives you a reason to get out of bed and see the world from a new perspective every day

14 hours ago, Styvie said:

Ride with both but you must gossip at different coffee shops so the barista doesn’t bust you. 

and not at the same time

4 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

What kinda riding are we talking bout here ?

MTB I assume, theres rollers roll overs, jumps, side berms and the occasional tail whip......

wait wait wait..

16 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

May I ask 

When you ride as a crew with mates who are married/engaged/dating. When they break up do we still ride together, do we ride with one not the other, do we ride with the one we initially rode with before they got together? 

Asking for a friend. 

It depends ...................................

Are you the reason they are not together anymore 🤔

Asking for a friend

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

I don’t think you should be too fussed tbh as it’s not your problem.

Assuming you were not part of the problem. 🙈

What I get from this and already subscribe to is seek a significant other who has no interest in cycling other than supporting you ... it's just so much simpler. 😊

Whose friend were you first, was it amicable and who do YOU like more?

Are there sides? 

If there are definite sides, you need to pick one. Sitting the fence will just land you in the middle in some way.

If it has been a 2 way split with no animosity then it's fair game. 

35 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Are there sides? 

If there are definite sides, you need to pick one. Sitting the fence will just land you in the middle in some way.

^^This

when I hear okes saying "Don't pick sides" i just lag my klaar. 

There are always sides and If you don't pick one then your partner will pick one for you. So if your partner is chums with either one of them that's generally the way you're going to go.

A mate of mine has divorced twice. picking a side was easy. We've been chums almost since we could walk and donner each other with a plastic squishy hammers. The first divorce left me in the "ek hou my bek and not mention the war" situation. She was chummy with the 1st wife so I just played the yes dear , oh my word dear, its scandolous dear..." role.

The 2nd divorce was easier as my wife "hated that unfriendly cow"  as she termed her....so  

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

MTB I assume, theres rollers roll overs, jumps, side berms and the occasional tail whip......

wait wait wait..

When I saw this topic early this morning through sleepy eyes, I read "ride friends who are separated"

It did make me quite nervous.

20 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

May I ask 

Asking for a friend. 

Happened to me recently, I chose Pauline over Julien

42 minutes ago, Mook said:

My best friend rode off with my girlfriend 😭😭

Hell, I'm gonna miss him

There’s a Barry Hylton sign on the Old Pretoria road close to Waterfall:

My best friend is dating my ex; I’ve never even met him.

13 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

So did the break up occur because one of the people in the group got frisky with another persons significant other and slipped her a portion on the sly?  Happened in a club i rode with as well as with me (albeit the ex didn't decide to leave for a fellow cycling buddy). 

The result was one very interesting cycling club get together where it boiled over in to a couple of blows on the dance floor at the year end party.

I carried on riding with the club after my ex left me as i think she knew it was my turf.

Respect the turf - lots of cycling clubs out there, no need to make it awkward and have people at the front and the back of the bunches taking turns to counsel the disaffected parties.

The vibe is def cold here.

12 hours ago, leon_pro said:

Guess it comes down to what lube they use?

I-see-what-you-did-there GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

My two cents. I don’t think you should be too fussed tbh as it’s not your problem. If one of them wants to ride then ride. If both wanna ride then ride as well. I don’t see it should really matter to you or the group as a collective. At the end of the day, the 2 parties need to sort the issues out between them and come to some sort of an arrangement. I

She seems cool, but he's already having political meetings for the rest of us to swear alleigance. 😥

8 hours ago, Mook said:

It depends ...................................

Are you the reason they are not together anymore 🤔

Asking for a friend

Nope I met em all together-got introduced to the crowd only a year or so ago? This 

8 hours ago, Thomo said:

Assuming you were not part of the problem. 🙈

What I get from this and already subscribe to is seek a significant other who has no interest in cycling other than supporting you ... it's just so much simpler. 😊

Sad but true. 

8 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Are there sides? 

Met them all at the same time, actually. Been cool with them all. from the responses beginning to think time to change ride crew...

7 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

^^This

when I hear okes saying "Don't pick sides" i just lag my klaar. 

There are always sides and If you don't pick one then your partner will pick one for you. So if your partner is chums with either one of them that's generally the way you're going to go.

A mate of mine has divorced twice. picking a side was easy. We've been chums almost since we could walk and donner each other with a plastic squishy hammers. The first divorce left me in the "ek hou my bek and not mention the war" situation. She was chummy with the 1st wife so I just played the yes dear , oh my word dear, its scandolous dear..." role.

The 2nd divorce was easier as my wife "hated that unfriendly cow"  as she termed her....so  

LOL🤣

8 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

She seems cool, but he's already having political meetings for the rest of us to swear alleigance. 😥

Ain't nobody got time for that. 

Stuur hom in sy moer. Dis kinderkak.

You ride with who you want to ride with. 

Edited by PhilipV