[Event] Ronde Van Riebeek

SUPERMANTRI

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

said 700 pax over the three courses. Not bad, but surely they could handle more. wonder what the limit is for, rental toilets?

I don't know - not sure if there is other red tape involved with venue/permissions, catering afterwards, medics etc -also  if you go bigger you have to start thinking about seeding and more starting groups (Swartberg Gran Fondo recently stretched the limits of practicality with one big mass start). 

But good to see a relatively cheap event selling out on debut in a time of expensive events and falling number of entrants- hope the organisers can pull this one off!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Shebeen said:

awesome!

I did NOT know there was a microbrewery in town!

this is good.

2n6Jv4a0EyYZ6FhOUjWNeWv3x1r_CBTqPwOoQ4kxcIAxeoFVr55UmkHTHCDyfFcQMADGCyu-HddBqrB1iLN__AlSjnabJbTLMD_qMER56BBoL0gWeD5MBG8tYCt7UifEcCwTGee8IWw

not so sure now!

VaLNmiXZM5sIPKSai2eTwAtO4d-8xoo9qj8N0oMB1e2lrrhSfRdKOtfKIQXvJs6eplYwbtd9obBvsIz_8-c5LX1r2I0dmo2bkiMvFMKjSziI6EZYMTpgZwp4qi0iLBLosIUcq-E66S8

turns out this has moved to Wellington. my bad

Any suggestions wrt tyre pressure on a hardtail XC bike? Should I pump them up a bit harder vs regular XC use?

48 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Any suggestions wrt tyre pressure on a hardtail XC bike? Should I pump them up a bit harder vs regular XC use?

Mariske Strauss gave a good Acronym for this -> ARTTT (there was a retraction on the word Terrein, replaced with Turf 😂)

4C8CB2D6-5E72-4393-8E86-93CD16A0DFA0.png.a7fd46ab57403349b8d44e85ded41b6b.png

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Depends how hard you have them already. If they roll nicely on singletrack I wouldn't change a thing

6 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Depends how hard you have them already. If they roll nicely on singletrack I wouldn't change a thing

I normally run them around 22psi. 

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

I'm not too far from the route, and if feel more comfy less than 20psi than more than 20psi. I try for 17 front, 19 rear, but I aim for comfort because I'm built for comfort

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

I normally run them around 22psi. 

32 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

I'm not too far from the route, and if feel more comfy less than 20psi than more than 20psi. I try for 17 front, 19 rear, but I aim for comfort because I'm built for comfort

Also.depenss on tyre width... Wider means less pressure. 22psi is on the firm side particularly if you are not a big unit. I'm a 93kg mamil and on 2.4 tyres I'll do 20ish front and a bit more under the backend.

29 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Also.depenss on tyre width... Wider means less pressure. 22psi is on the firm side particularly if you are not a big unit. I'm a 93kg mamil and on 2.4 tyres I'll do 20ish front and a bit more under the backend.

105kgs at 1.9bar front and rear. 2.25 Tufo tyres.

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

@no calves... Did you take a look at those roads at on the far sidemof the route? 

Whatsapp me. photos way to big for bikehub. 

0 7 for for three 2 5 five 6 six

sorry for the inconvenience

8 hours ago, Skubarra said:

Entries sold out yesterday - pretty impressive for a brand new event! 

I thought a sold out new event would have a lekker goodie bag. 😅

24 minutes ago, Vaultboy said:

I thought a sold out new event would have a lekker goodie bag. 😅

At least entrytime gave us number boards big enough to see our race numbers from space - and we get to sail our bikes home with the wind behind us 😆

31 minutes ago, Kom said:

Im seeing a perfect line on the right there 🤠

image.png.3149e94a4d7c682ed360d123860fbb86.png

It looks smooth ja... @no calvesdid say it was sandy.