SA National Championships 2023 - Oudtshoorn

bleedToWin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Gert’s facial expression after he arrived from an interrupted Tankwa Trek to finding himself on the national podium for road racing. The new SA champ in Travis doing calf raises. 
#heatacclimatisation 🏖️

9C3B2396-0D1B-42FB-B7B3-F01D37C0583A.jpeg

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

Gotta love Gert’s facial expression after he arrived from an interrupted Tankwa Trek to finding himself on the national podium for road racing. The new SA champ in Travis doing calf raises. 
#heatacclimatisation 🏖️

9C3B2396-0D1B-42FB-B7B3-F01D37C0583A.jpeg

Legend... even after being called HB Kruger for the entire live feed. He beat some hardcore roadies to the line.

Proper versatile bike rider, think the rode to podium at enduro champs last year too?

4 hours ago, Action_Man said:

It happens, comms are only human, sometimes they make mistakes...

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 13.57.04.png

Darren is this you, same handle on other social media platforms.

5 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Darren is this you, same handle on other social media platforms.

On the other hand(le) Darryl 

5 hours ago, babse said:

Legend... even after being called HB Kruger for the entire live feed. He beat some hardcore roadies to the line.

Proper versatile bike rider, think the rode to podium at enduro champs last year too?

Same must be said for Luke Moir. 3rd in u23 cat and his favored discipline is MTB.

I watched him on Thursday win the sprint at Killarney from a loooong way out against Alex Heward, Jayde Julius, Ozzie and JB. The last 30m he sat up and looked behind him and freewheeled over the line. 

This kid really really knows how to play bikes...

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Jisses, Today it looks like you ate this oke.....

Ate Rory Southerland for the win, or the Comm for nearly taking me out in the process :lol:

6 minutes ago, Action_Man said:

Ate Rory Southerland for the win, or the Comm for nearly taking me out in the process :lol:

Hahaha touché 

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Same must be said for Luke Moir. 3rd in u23 cat and his favored discipline is MTB.

I watched him on Thursday win the sprint at Killarney from a loooong way out against Alex Heward, Jayde Julius, Ozzie and JB. The last 30m he sat up and looked behind him and freewheeled over the line. 

Couple of ‘MTBrs’ who did pretty well at SA Roads. Saw Candice Lill and Tiffany Keep performing. 
Plus there was the XCO week before. Nice!

12 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

And to add to that a week ago he managed 5th behind Scott MTB team and Philip Buys at an XCO race! Awesome to see the u23 cat climbing the ranks across multiple disciplines.

Any race reports? 

The heat must of made it significantly harder,  but it was always going to be blazing in Oudtshoorn in mid Feb.

14 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Was he pushed into a lapped rider in the last corner though ? 

🤣

Kidding, yeah he's a proper finisher !

Edited by Jbr