Rims vs Wheels

TheoG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note though, it's just a bit painful to have to manually filter out stuff you're not looking for. Like looking for a single bedroom flat and every 2nd ad is for a bachelor flat. Not the same thing. Although in that case it's usually an agent being deliberately obtuse, and as Matt said earlier the wheel / rim thing is more likely a seller that just doesn't know any better. Cos not everyone wants to be a massive bike nerd.

If anyone needs any further triggering:

Peddle

Helmut

Front shock

Soft tail

Breaks

Spikes

Happy searching...

Being a big fan of the era of box section rims laced with stainless steel spokes, I get triggered when I see someone advertising:

"Wobler rims for sale",

just so wrong on so many levels it isn't worth trying to correct

18 hours ago, droo said:

On a serious note though, it's just a bit painful to have to manually filter out stuff you're not looking for. Like looking for a single bedroom flat and every 2nd ad is for a bachelor flat. Not the same thing. Although in that case it's usually an agent being deliberately obtuse, and as Matt said earlier the wheel / rim thing is more likely a seller that just doesn't know any better. Cos not everyone wants to be a massive bike nerd.

Peddle

Helmut

Front shock

Soft tail

Breaks

Spikes

Happy searching...

Front shock is correct to a degree. It is front fork that gets me. 

Clips is the other one. 

19 hours ago, droo said:

. Like looking for a single bedroom flat and every 2nd ad is for a bachelor flat

you should try looking for places with a granny flat.

Agents hardly ever take pics of the flat, so when you get there to view you find out its a servants quarters at the back of the house. Waste of everybody's time.

55 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Front shock is correct to a degree. It is front fork that gets me. 

Clips is the other one. 

There was once a frame with a rear fork, but that's the only time this distinction was acceptable. 

Behold the Manitou FS, 1992.

1398815320065-1oes6halgi0td-04d5239.jpg.bc234c08143179ab9808b0264937ba91.jpg

41 minutes ago, droo said:

There was once a frame with a rear fork, but that's the only time this distinction was acceptable. 

Wow !!!  That's the first time I ever saw that ... 😲

Can you imagine what adverts will really be like if we didn't have the literature feds? 

I want to trade a metal (or composite stuff) double triangle attached object with I think 26 round thingies that make you go faster down a hill or sweat up a hill, connected by some metal alchemist who can from the 1600's. That is all being turned by some medium length flat metal bars which have some nice places to let your feet relax on top of. They're more comfortable if you have the correct winklepeckers on

All of this sometimes balances, sometimes not on these two round jobs which have some rubber on them, if you know what I mean 😉. It makes a funny zzzzzzzz sound when you go down a hill. I'm not sure if it's broken? 

The best part is that on these two triangle thingies is these bits that move in and out of each other. These make it feel like your sitting on the couch watching the blou bulle run up and down the field 

It doesn't use petrol or electricity so you'll be safe from eskom and the petrol pomp

It does cost some ronts to maintain, but so far it's only cost me 46 bucks to get a hole in the round rubber job fixed after I didn't like to do a lank big rabbit style hop over the local pothole in my road

I bought it from my local mass shop called macro or something, it was not too much but you can send me fowty free hundreds and  thousand and eleventy ronts and you can park this lekker magafter in your garage where your poppie parks her purple corsa. She'll smaak you stukkent for it. You can thanks me laters, Bru 

Bring back the comments aseblief.... 

3 hours ago, droo said:

Would have been interesting to take a spin on one of these just to feel how it ride ... 😊

Edited by TheoG

3 hours ago, droo said:

I drooled over that bike so many times. 

On 2/20/2023 at 4:58 PM, droo said:

Peddle

Helmut

Front shock

Soft tail

Breaks

Spikes

Happy searching...

How about Gaint Anthem?

On 2/18/2023 at 1:50 PM, TheoG said:

Nope, that's just fine ☺️, since its adding to the description.

But what is a deep dish since dishing is the offset of the rim from centre laterally not vertically