Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

14 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

I propose a drinking game: take a shot every time Gerald says “Absa Cape Epic”. 

Or how many time Nino stops to plug a tyre... Lol 

Last year their shambles started at the prologue already right!?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sho, good luck to the riders on that descent after dorsberg, be prepared for a rotor/brake pads change 😅

I wonder why they chose to use the downhill single track instead of the normal fireroad for the climb to the top, but must admit it's more fun

Edited by Jbr

17 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Sho, good luck to the riders on that descent after dorsberg, be prepared for a rotor/brake pads change 😅

I wonder why they chose to use the downhill single track instead of the normal fireroad for the climb to the top, but must admit it's more fun

That descend is sketchy as hell lol 

Checked wildairs review. Similar route we did in 2016. Fair bit of claiming for the distance.

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Swear that single track is actually easier(flatter) going up than the fire road because it’s not that fast going down. That road though….sucks.

Edited by MORNE

Just now, MORNE said:

Swear that single track is actually easier(flatter) going up than the fire road lol. That road sucks.

It is definitely

Will you be tackled riding through the main gates on bicycle? I mean the ones at the road. I know you’ll get tackled at meerendal any oter day of the week trying to reach bossa on a bike.
Want to go say hi to a friend who is catering after im finished at conties maybe. Ill look alien though…baggies, loose shirt…real suspension and tyres haha.

was anyone there today?

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Swear that single track is actually easier(flatter) going up than the fire road because it’s not that fast going down. That road though….sucks.

We did that single track a few weeks ago.

Totally redone.

Also a couple of logs and 150mm drops .... erosion control .... going to be lady dog climbing those ....

Do agree though, the single track winds a lot more, and certainly has much less of an average gradient.

15 minutes ago, MORNE said:

The single track adds length to the course and it’s a nice interesting opener than a boring fire road climb

Masters is 40-49

grand masters is 50-59

numbers for uci teams are in order of seeding. This will have the title holders as 1-X

rest of podium from previous year 2 -x and 3-x respectively assuming it’s at least one rider carrying over. 
otherwise it works according to UCI XCM points ranking.

Same For the women.

and mixed

and age groups. 
when I’m open numbers are in order of entry received. So don’t read to

much into the numbers 

56 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

How do the team numbers work ?

The first numbers are obviously last year's podium.  Then at some point the men and women are mixed as the numbers tick up ....  How does it work by the time you get to 150, or 500 ?

What are the ages for the "masters", "grand masters", etc ?

22 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I take offence that I would be in the 'Masters' category. I'm still a kid!

You are interpreting it wrong, master as in master yoda, master of your skill, master of the universe, cyclist lvl 9000!🤣

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, nathrix said:

I see they do not state the country or display the flag for i assume to be Russian riders. 

You can’t say the “R” word. It’s going to be removed from the Alphabet! Only once they can catch Putin! 😂