Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

I just saw the photo, it was sent to me from someone involved in the race and it is confirmed to be legit. So impressive! Makes what they did incredible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

@DJuice @ChrisF have a question. 

is it better to ride with your mouth shut and hope you don't blow, or tell Nino to ease up on the pace a bit and risk blowing. Do you think he gets a word in regarding strategy? 

There can only be one Nino…shut up and ride. 

2 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

i've seen it all. send the pic let us see 

I Fear Nothing The Black Hokage GIF - I Fear Nothing The ...

it's all over whatsapp, but i ain't go be the one to post it here. Trust me, you'd rather not see it. as the description said, it's a pierced bicep getting fixed up in a hospital setting. she will have a proper scar to go with the SSWC tattoo(s) now.

you can see the incident here.

Edited by Shebeen

3 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

it's all over whatsapp, but i ain't go be the one to post it here. Trust me, you'd rather not see it. as the description said, it's a pierced bicep getting fixed up in a hospital setting. she will have a proper scar to go with the SSWC tattoo(s) now.

Take my word for it, the description is more than adequate. The real thing is very severe. 

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Goeie bliksem.

That had to sting, and the lady behind her plowing into her, further gouging the branch into her arm clearly didn't help matters. 

I hope she recovers to ride again. I'll be rooting for them for the overall win.

I saw the photo, it is very bad.  Hope I'm wrong but I will be very surprised if she continue tom.

She's going to be on pain meds anyway and that will probably disqualify her .... ☹️

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

I saw the photo, it is very bad.  Hope I'm wrong but I will be very surprised if she continue tom.

She's going to be on pain meds anyway and that will probably disqualify her .... ☹️

It didn't seem that sore, and there was very little blood.

probably just the outer covering of skin gone and all under the hood ok.

[not a doctor]I have a smidgen of experience here, I managed to get my brake lever into my thigh. Deep enough to require 2/3 stitches. Felt totally fine at the time, even when I started riding again, but first time i needed a bit of oomph from the hammies it was pain station and I knew that was it.

She was able to ride long, hard and fast. I don't think there's a significant injury there. keeping it clean and away from infection is the bigger battle. [/not a doctor]

2 hours ago, DJuice said:

It is still a long way to go, Nino not light on partners.

After watching todays highlights I think it’s safe to say Nino will soon have a sore neck 

Seems to spend a lot of time looking behind him, could be irritating after a few days if you are his partner….

36 minutes ago, TheoG said:

As far as I know paracetamol isn’t on the banned list so she’s fine there. Any local anaesthetic might be a problem but a sugar stick and bottle of whiskey ain’t banned so….let’s keep the positive vibes going