Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

8 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Why make a social media statement about a private situation? It’s….. No longer private 

I think there is background to this, as Nino's wife (ex) is incredibly sick. Like unable to look after herself sick.

Pretty sure, as a public figure they need to inform everyone of the decision in case Nino is seen with someone else and the scandal news breaks because no one knows of the split.

Being a public figure must be rubbish. Everything you do is scrutinized, judged, commented on and often vehemently supported or harshly disapproved of for whatever reasons people make up.

I'd hate it

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I think there is background to this, as Nino's wife (ex) is incredibly sick. Like unable to look after herself sick.

Pretty sure, as a public figure they need to inform everyone of the decision in case Nino is seen with someone else and the scandal news breaks because no one knows of the split.

Being a public figure must be rubbish. Everything you do is scrutinized, judged, commented on and often vehemently supported or harshly disapproved of for whatever reasons people make up.

I'd hate it

Maybe I’m just out of touch with sick and lonely the world is that a celebrity has to tell their fan base what’s going on in their life. I thought it was just Hollywood …

34 minutes ago, Lexx said:

And on a Saturday morning

but when you do it every week it does get a bit much.

We do boerie rolls most saturdays at work. It gets a bit much. But skip a few weeks and that craving comes back when you smell them on the braai.

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

I thought the point of keeping your private life away from your public life was so that if things went south you didn’t need to make a media statement 

What, that's not a media statement? a simple IG post explaining the bare facts so it kills any speculation before it starts. 

I didn't even know he was married with a kid, so he's managed his private profile well enough in my mind. 

End of story (for me at least).

43 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

The best boeries were the 4AM ones on the streets of Hatfield Square (PTA)! You didn't know if the babalas was caused by the boerie or the alcohol. 

FACTS! … and the most glorious post coffee shaza the next morning.

46 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

The best boeries were the 4AM ones on the streets of Hatfield Square (PTA)! You didn't know if the babalas was caused by the boerie or the alcohol. 

I see your north of the Jukskei boerie and raise you one from the depths of Claremont, CT.

Just known as "the boerie lady". that tannie saw some wild stuff outside Tin Roof. probably still there.

58 minutes ago, edgarblount said:

or by the snor that punched you 

We always stayed in B&B's or Hotels.  For the investment in time and money, this was in my opnion the right thing to do.  If I read this trail of mails, even more so these days.  

The Woolies pack at the end was however always a winner, not to talk about the warm or cold cloth depended on the day. And the food was really good.

The waterpoints were poorly stocked from last year's Epic, and most probably as a result of COVID, and now it seems it is just being made the norm.  We do tend to in this country to move on quickly and accept it as we get it.  (point in case is load shedding, crime, poor service etc, etc.)

Critical for the race, I personally think, apart from great and challenging trails, is awesome food and proper ablution facilities.  Moving to B&B's or Hotels do remove the need for the last two to some extend, but comes at a heavy price.  But in comparision to what one already invested, it is but a small cost for a massive ROI.

6 minutes ago, Johan A Marais said:

We always stayed in B&B's or Hotels.  For the investment in time and money, this was in my opnion the right thing to do.  If I read this trail of mails, even more so these days.  

The Woolies pack at the end was however always a winner, not to talk about the warm or cold cloth depended on the day. And the food was really good.

The waterpoints were poorly stocked from last year's Epic, and most probably as a result of COVID, and now it seems it is just being made the norm.  We do tend to in this country to move on quickly and accept it as we get it.  (point in case is load shedding, crime, poor service etc, etc.)

Critical for the race, I personally think, apart from great and challenging trails, is awesome food and proper ablution facilities.  Moving to B&B's or Hotels do remove the need for the last two to some extend, but comes at a heavy price.  But in comparision to what one already invested, it is but a small cost for a massive ROI.

If one shops around on Airbnb you’ll find very well priced accommodation that makes this option palatable 

Jeez, reading above, the waterpoints and recovery food/accommodation sounds bad at the epic. 

So you basically paying around R9k per day to ride the marked route only?

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

What, that's not a media statement? a simple IG post explaining the bare facts so it kills any speculation before it starts. 

I didn't even know he was married with a kid, so he's managed his private profile well enough in my mind. 

End of story (for me at least).

That same insta post was in the online Swiss press yesterday

https://amp.20min.ch/story/mountainbike-star-nino-schurter-hat-sich-von-seiner-frau-nina-getrennt-833109165695