• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Nina has MS. 😟

That's the one. 

So I'm sure there is some sensitive content that comes from a relationship that involves a degenerative disease.

'Fans' and the 'media' will just speculate on who did/didn't do what should it come from another source.

Anyway, moving on, Untamed Absa Cape Epic toughest race in the world was incredibly entertaining this year. It definitely had it's 'Day's of our lives' twists and turns in both races, which ultimately is why we have the feed to watch.

Great production and a fantastic, exciting, drama Llama filled storyline.

Being a Pro Centric marketed event, all was perfect. BUT, much like the great and Powerful Oz, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!

If you look closely, behind the big show, there are definitely a few stories that pang of poor quality and difficult decisions for those involved paying the bills to keep the wheels turning.

There are more than a few Lion, Scarecrows, Tin Men and Dorothy's who are butthurt by the quality of the courage, Brains, Lubrication and proverbial wisdom dolled out by the great and powerful ACA

5 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

That's the one. 

So I'm sure there is some sensitive content that comes from a relationship that involves a degenerative disease.

'Fans' and the 'media' will just speculate on who did/didn't do what should it come from another source.

Anyway, moving on, Untamed Absa Cape Epic toughest race in the world was incredibly entertaining this year. It definitely had it's 'Day's of our lives' twists and turns in both races, which ultimately is why we have the feed to watch.

Great production and a fantastic, exciting, drama Llama filled storyline.

Being a Pro Centric marketed event, all was perfect. BUT, much like the great and Powerful Oz, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!

If you look closely, behind the big show, there are definitely a few stories that pang of poor quality and difficult decisions for those involved paying the bills to keep the wheels turning.

There are more than a few Lion, Scarecrows, Tin Men and Dorothy's who are butthurt by the quality of the courage, Brains, Lubrication and proverbial wisdom dolled out by the great and powerful ACA

This^^^ I may have been late to my old man's 60th birthday braai because I was glued to the tv to see if Beers and Blevin could get the win. Been a long time since I have been that glued to a cycling event on tv...

question from the couch. It seemed like the pros had way less puncture issues. i can only think of SCR having one that cost them 45 seconds and they just bombed it up, no plugs/tubes nada. Obviously ScottSram went from loads to none too.

For those riding back in the back and now back online, punctures along the way or not so much?

3 minutes ago, tinmug said:

How many last lions are left?

I heard it went from 3 to 2. Now there's a shootout to the death, may the best (wo)man win

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I heard it went from 3 to 2. Now there's a shootout to the death, may the best (wo)man win

Who fell out? 

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

Both John Gale and Mike Nixon finished 

there was a bit of speculation. Around whether Hannele Steyn was classified as an official finisher because she missed the 8hr 45 cut off by 2min but she appears to have been classified as a finisher

10 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

If I had an option right now for a Builders Warehouse Boerie, I would pay about 100e I miss them that much. 

Nothing can compete with a school tuckshop hotdog! ☺️

16 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Both John Gale and Mike Nixon finished 

there was a bit of speculation. Around whether Hannele Steyn was classified as an official finisher because she missed the 8hr 45 cut off by 2min but she appears to have been classified as a finisher

Ok, results on cape epic not up to date. know someone else also not reflected.

Whilst on the subject of Hannele Steyn, her partner for Epic is Ingrid Avidon (AKA super/spiderwoman).

She finished Epic, got her bike in a car and drove to willowmore. She is mentoring 2 development riders on the Race2Willowmore, started on Tuesday. Yes one day off (spent travelling), sometimes opportunities come and you just need to take them all! One of the riders has not been able to continue so 2 of them heading for "Mordor" tomorrow

https://www.be-ing.co.za/

will go up here, https://www.instagram.com/be.ing.ingrid/

Just now, Lexx said:

a bit early for April Fool jokes.🤨

I really hope that's the case, this would not be a good change imho.