Titan Racing Bikes

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Thetwakkie said:

7D0966DE-DD88-414C-8C9E-E74E3D0E8B89.jpeg

MAN I wish I'd pulled the trigger when they still had this colourway available - been sitting waiting for a 120mm frame to come up in this theme but none have come :( Beautiful bike!!

2018 - Back then it was "TITAN" (at least on the kids bikes).  Titan Racing followed shortly there after.

Maritz had to choose between two models of the 24" range.  Different colour schemes, with one being rim brake and the other disc brake.  He sat next to the two bikes for a long while .... then took a keen interest in this beauty .....  obviously I nudged to the disc brake model, but no "look at the welding on this frame".

Titan-15.jpg.d32d45dd6479c63cbdce95afd578b7ee.jpg

One month later at the SPUR MTB event at Montana Worcester it seemed like most of the kids were on Titan bikes.

SPURWorcester-32.jpg.d42562f4f2b93a8947d7521b45e54c04.jpg

Despite my reservations, those disc brakes worked perfectly fine for the 15 months we owned the bike .... until he outgrew it.

The 24-9er is simply the perfect next bike for the kids :thumbup:  Again Titan Racing had a number of options.  From a basic entry level bike, up to a very nicely specked 1x12.  The 1x12 was out of our price range.  This time I opted for the mid range 1x9, and immediately bought the shifter, cassette, etc for a 1x11 conversion.

Mdal-1.jpg.c9593645dc4ce67a6ba85e2d7ee052bd.jpg

A fair bit of training was done and we were READY for an exciting SPUR MTB year ..... and then lock down weeks before the first event.

We have had some good times on the trails with this bike.