New Epic thread deleted by?

Headshot

So that fun thread about the new Spesh Epic has disappeared. I know I'm slow out the blocks but did Spesh lean on BH management to get it ripped? 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you asked, it was deleted by me. 😉

Yes, they called and asked politely since the material leaked is confidential. We felt it was a reasonable request.

The fact that the bike is coming and images/videos of it are not exactly a secret, but this specific info has not been made available anywhere publicly as yet. 

Just now, Matt said:

Yes, they called and asked politely since the material leaked is confidential. We felt it was a reasonable request.

The fact that the bike is coming and images/videos of it are not exactly a secret, but this specific info has not been made available anywhere publicly as yet. 

its all over the Spanish and South American forums probably by overly excited journos who are hanging on Martin's coattails

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Okay, so you were leaned on, bike mafia style 🙂 

Just now, Headshot said:

South African distributors seem to be very secretive about new releases. I see it in the motor industry all the time. Info, specs, pics etc. are freely available via international publications, yet the SA distributor wants things to be kept Top Secret.

Case in point. We have a car launching very very soon. International publications have done reviews and comparative tests like crazy. Locally there are pictures circulating of test units being driven on public roads, but the local distributor doesnt want any info etc. being made public locally.

In the case of the bike in question, I would imaging BikeHub will play nice because if they dont there is a possibility of not getting access to future information etc. from the brand. 

11 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Your version of events is a lot more spicy than the truth. 😆

No mafia style leaning here. We’re reasonable people and it was a reasonable request.

39 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

South African distributors seem to be very secretive about new releases. I see it in the motor industry all the time. Info, specs, pics etc. are freely available via international publications, yet the SA distributor wants things to be kept Top Secret.

Case in point. We have a car launching very very soon. International publications have done reviews and comparative tests like crazy. Locally there are pictures circulating of test units being driven on public roads, but the local distributor doesnt want any info etc. being made public locally.

In the case of the bike in question, I would imaging BikeHub will play nice because if they dont there is a possibility of not getting access to future information etc. from the brand. 

The situation you describe is ridiculous in the internet age (and happens to a degree in the local bike industry), but is not the case here.

If Specialized USA or others had officially released this info & the bike it would be a very different story. As it stands, the specific information shared is confidential info which I presume was leaked by a journo ahead of embargo or someone internally. Either way that document is not supposed to be public... an internal white paper is very different from a cameo in a SRAM video or spy shots of an athlete riding a bike in my book.