Where to get sponsors?

Erik Breedt

13 hours ago, Zebra said:

I got sponsorship for a couple of Cape Epics, well, myself and my ride partner; we chose a THEN hip & happening product (yes, CROCS were a ‘thing’!) and then wrote to CROCS owners, met with CROCS owners, and got a not-insignificant sponsorship from them, 2 years running!

What helped ‘sell the sizzle ‘ (Steakhouse analogy!) was that we wore CROCS before and after EVERY stage, had some give-aways, did an interview of two on how -genuinely - CROCS really were the most comfortable thing after feet stuck in riding shoes for +8 hours, AND supremely practical for showering, bike-wash park wear, muddy campsites, the list goes on!

So we gave the sponsors a logical REASON to sponsor us, and gave them the coverage that helped sell more CROCS….

WE only placed top 105 & 106, 2 years running, (so not top 40!), but created enough hype  (and laughter), to give our sponsors RETURN ON INVESTMENT. (ROI).

Over to you…

Chris

#influencer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Zebra said:

I got sponsorship for a couple of Cape Epics, well, myself and my ride partner; we chose a THEN hip & happening product (yes, CROCS were a ‘thing’!) and then wrote to CROCS owners, met with CROCS owners, and got a not-insignificant sponsorship from them, 2 years running!

What helped ‘sell the sizzle ‘ (Steakhouse analogy!) was that we wore CROCS before and after EVERY stage, had some give-aways, did an interview of two on how -genuinely - CROCS really were the most comfortable thing after feet stuck in riding shoes for +8 hours, AND supremely practical for showering, bike-wash park wear, muddy campsites, the list goes on!

So we gave the sponsors a logical REASON to sponsor us, and gave them the coverage that helped sell more CROCS….

WE only placed top 105 & 106, 2 years running, (so not top 40!), but created enough hype  (and laughter), to give our sponsors RETURN ON INVESTMENT. (ROI).

Over to you…

Chris

I live in them CROCS.

The only time I take them off is to go Cycling and for Sleeping

crocs.jpg

7 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

I live in them CROCS.

The only time I take them off is to go Cycling and for Sleeping

crocs.jpg

You win.  

image.jpeg.e0b44c8ddae9288d03d967de4ad25041.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

• 10 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 7:28 AM, Jewbacca said:

#influencer

In all truth, we did not KNOW what an influencer was in 2006 - true story!