Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Went out early this morning with a mate and did 40km ride to Nuy Cellars new Restaurant called "Nuy on the hill".Met up with my wife there and she joined us for a loop of the new 30km Nuy mtb route.0b40868ab5c2a460339d28aa862d9db2.jpgMy wife and my mate both had theire first encounters with wooden crossover bridges today.Had quite a laugh at how they negotiated them,but by the third one they got the hang of it.4f4bc6e131737e78177ebc3de937663a.jpg61903eca95f03e8de7ebc0740d38e2a3.jpg

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

i dislike those bridges with a passion, especially when having to access at an angle . Have landed in a sorry bundle amongst barbed wire so many times. :(

Can imagine how bad it might end coming of wrong on one of these.[emoji20] The last bridge almost caught me out as I entered with speed and did not realise the exit was at an angle.....close shave.

Was really proud of my wife as she mastered them really quickly to my surprize.

Eventually made it to Central Park in Modderfontein today...

Trails are immaculately maintained... pristine ST... :thumbup: but they're just not my cup of tea.

(more like warm flat beer... but that's just me :mellow: )

but any ride is better than no ride ^_^

I was told this is an old dynamite storage bunker?

post-6012-0-40348400-1454256800_thumb.jpg

Did a little ride from van Gaalens to Breedts neck and back - dirt roadie stuff - mostly - hot as hell

Edited by V12man

I was told this is an old dynamite storage bunker?

yup. Dynamite manufacture from late 1800s in those parts. There's even a museum close but.

Thought you might've been bored with them trails, but at least you managed a cool pic :)

i dislike those bridges with a passion, especially when having to access at an angle . Have landed in a sorry bundle amongst barbed wire so many times. :(

Theres a sneaky one at van gaalens, after greek church that I normally hit too fast, with serious buttclenching results...

Twice now, i have done the most spectacular rolling endo, that i somehow manage to save...

I'm a slow learner.

Theres a sneaky one at van gaalens, after greek church that I normally hit too fast, with serious buttclenching results...

Twice now, i have done the most spectacular rolling endo, that i somehow manage to save...

I'm a slow learner.

I have the opposite problem. Approach too slowly,don't commit... Hit brakes... Gravity says don't worry I got you... Scramble, squeal, scramble.. Lie down :(

What's a rolling endo?

Guest notmyname

I have the opposite problem. Approach too slowly,don't commit... Hit brakes... Gravity says don't worry I got you... Scramble, squeal, scramble.. Lie down :(

What's a rolling endo?

Maybe the same as a stoppie. In that case, bloody good show man.

when you (in my case - involuntarily) proceed forward with only your front wheel touching the ground.

Like this

http://ride.io/wp-content/uploads/stories/Video/Santa/santa-stoppie.jpg

I used Santa in this image, because it's as close to a clown I could find, and I probably look more like the clown, and nothing like the santa in the picture doing it.

when you (in my case - involuntarily) proceed forward with only your front wheel touching the ground.

Like this

http://ride.io/wp-content/uploads/stories/Video/Santa/santa-stoppie.jpg

I used Santa in this image, because it's as close to a clown I could find, and I probably look more like the clown, and nothing like the santa in the picture doing it.

At least you pulled it off...

Last time I endo'd...I endo'd up in the hospital ;) :P