Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

.......................I was SUPER pap man. Felt like a 3 day old snoek

Dear Myles

You are now officially a true Capie! The above post was found by one of our covert investigators and it verified your claims to being a true Capie, despite having been born elsewhere! Congratulations, keep an eye on the mail for your new Cape passport! It has already been mailed to you. In future you will need it in order to travel anywhere outside of the peninsula, even just ducking across the Boerewors curtain to ride Jonkershoek. (Yes, our organization knows everything!) You will be glad to know that no visum is needed to visit our sister Republic of Hout Bay!

Be proud!

The Secret Republic of the Cape

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning was supposed to be a MTB ride with a crowd of guys that will be our roaming marshals/tech support/sweep riders for the November race.

Due to the adverse weather conditions, they never pitched, leaving us with no choice but to call it a day.

So we headed off to a local coffee shop to enjoy a grande "cup of chino" from one of our new sponsors to the race team.

https://instagram.com/p/BKfI1YWhtWr/

I think it's time to get undressed now, been in my cycling gear since 05:15 this morning - at least the shower (to get warm) will feel like the post-ride one and at about the same time.

At least I don't have to wash the bike!

Edited by geraldm24

Top of Dorstberg at Meerendal last week Sunday.

Sjoe .... Lots of fun...

The Mothercity was showing off big time... amazing weather

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

FWIW LTG, we refer to meerendal as Meh-rendal. :P

Try the other trails in the system, and if you're still here next weekend, Trail Z at hoogekraal should be open. 

Apparently it's a belter, and it'll increase the total loop at Hoogies to around 20k or so

This morning was supposed to be a MTB ride with a crowd of guys that will be our roaming marshals/tech support/sweep riders for the November race.

Due to the adverse weather conditions, they never pitched, leaving us with no choice but to call it a day.

So we headed off to a local coffee shop to enjoy a grande "cup of chino" from one of our new sponsors to the race team.

https://instagram.com/p/BKfI1YWhtWr/

I think it's time to get undressed now, been in my cycling gear since 05:15 this morning - at least the shower (to get warm) will feel like the post-ride one and at about the same time.

At least I don't have to wash the bike!

05h15 this morning....way to hardcore for me. I chicken out last night when I knew what the weather was going to be ????

05h15 this morning....way to hardcore for me. I chicken out last night when I knew what the weather was going to be [emoji239]

Besides the wet weather, it's another winter morning.

Well today started with intentions of going for a lekker 90km mtb dirt roadie/jeep track ride, but I think I might have caught a wiff of Myles's pap snoek smell yesterday and went belly up myself. ????

About 15km in I realized I wasn't going to make it and decided to turn of and do a shorter "interfarm connection" route that I also frequently ride, ended up with 40km in the legs and a bit more time to take my boy fishing this afternoon.

Always great views in the platteland. a2c73ad30fad1dba78e33bb8a624023d.jpg

These guys are getting use to me now, they were lying in the middle of the road and swiftly opened up a path for me to ride through, they then continued to follow me through the camp and as I climbed over the gate they started smelling and licking my bike with great interest. 54ef209de06a92a0afbb713eec07458c.jpg74500396a63a9e96110540f104cca5be.jpg

Forgot to add, seing as its the K2C I was fortunate to have the roads to myself and not encounter any roadies who would piss me of by nit greeting. [emoji48]

Edited by BenReaper

Besides the wet weather, it's another winter morning.

exactly...damn horrible . It's a mindset thing,when it's winter you know it's going to be cold every ride. Then it gets warm and you think winter has gone,only to throw this k@k weather in your face.

Yesterday morning was still fresh . But this ? Fair weather rider indeed by my own admittance ????

Edited by Pikey

Finally got back on my bike six weeks after chappies crash. Shoulder still not 100% but much better, which still affects my climbing. Chest is fine. Feels magic to visit Devonvale again. Remains a magic hill.attachicon.gifIMG_5517.JPG

Welcome back in the saddle, Maniax.

You chose a beautiful day to make your return.

:thumbup: