Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

awesome pics! must be an amazing to be able to ride with your little ones... I can't wait to do the same with my little guy :wub:

it really is. Sadly, quality 16" tyres are like unobtanium, so he's stuck with the shitty stock ones for now. And they have FOKKOL grip. 

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

it really is. Sadly, quality 16" tyres are like unobtanium, so he's stuck with the shitty stock ones for now. And they have FOKKOL grip. 

They grow so quickly so that won't be a problem for too long ;)

Sadly not much better in 20'' ....

Warms the cockles of an old man's heart to see that captain, good on you guys!

Ditto, except for the "old" bit  :whistling:

Altyd!

I've taken up the dream to cycle to Amsterdam this summer. There's a beautiful cycle route all along the coast, through the dunes and over some amazing bridges. It should take me a day or 3.

hehehe, the dream is now a plan!  :thumbup:

3 days in july (I have a week off, hubby has to work anyway). 

Day 1: cycle from home around Gent to Vrouwenpolder in Zeeland, Netherlands +/- 80km

day 2: from Vrouwenpolder over the famous Dutch Deltaworks, crossing 3 big bridges, 2 islands and 1 ferry ride to Hoek van Holland (next to Roterdam's harbour) +/- 90km 

day 3: From Hoek van Holland to Haarlem (next to Amsterdam), this route runs through some beautiful dunes and alond the beach +/- 75km 

I'll take my hybrid city bike (Trek navigator T300). Even at a leasurely pace of around 20km/h, it gives me enough time to enjoy the scenery and the villages along the way. 

accomodation: there's a Dutch network called "vrienden op de fiets" where you can stay overnight with other cycle enthousiasts at home for just €19/night, breakkie included! . A real bargain, hotels or B&B's would cost me around €50-60/night easily. Nothing fancy, just a clean bed and a shower and some Dutch hospitality. 

Now let's hope the weather doesn't ruin my plans (the trauma from the CTCT is real....) 

4 more weeks  :clap:

Rode from  Stanford to Napier to meet the women in the family who called Naas names that would hurt his feelings for making the 15k trail run actually an 18km trail run on Sunday. Garmin recorded a temp of 0. 

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg

Hey Mamil, that's my backyard route... 

Another saffa living here in Zug regularly goes out at 5am to ride even in the darker months, still waiting for the police to stop him one day... if they are awake

Went to Lake Achen in Austria two or three weeks ago.  We arrived at the "beacht" at 09.00.  When the locals of the restaurant arrived I am not sure what freaked the out the most.  The fact that we were already all set up and enjoying the sun or my two daughters swimming in the alpine like so early in the season.