Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Slowest 10km ride ever? Probably.

Best 10km ride ever? Definitely!IMG_20211104_120545_187.jpg.bbe36249bf978411a6967cd439f6ff0a.jpgIMG_20211104_120545_193.jpg.3d1ce00d331ee705d9aacfce924328da.jpgIMG_20211104_120545_206.jpg.70f00daec150b2fafde639d4899cf9c3.jpg

Just awesome ! He must of loved it ????????

1 minute ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Beautiful bike!

Is it at Taroko Trails?

Thanks! Yup Taroko Trails, on the way to the ruins of the dynamite plant

keep posting these photos...sadly bike less at the moment as the Northern hemisphere starts in winter days....enjoy the bike rides...

19 hours ago, Trashy said:

Slowest 10km ride ever? Probably.

Best 10km ride ever? Definitely!IMG_20211104_120545_187.jpg.bbe36249bf978411a6967cd439f6ff0a.jpgIMG_20211104_120545_193.jpg.3d1ce00d331ee705d9aacfce924328da.jpgIMG_20211104_120545_206.jpg.70f00daec150b2fafde639d4899cf9c3.jpg

That is awesome. Might I enquire about that mini-me setup for the saddle and bars? I would love to take my little miss on similar rides on something like that.

31 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

That is awesome. Might I enquire about that mini-me setup for the saddle and bars? I would love to take my little miss on similar rides on something like that.

It's called "Front Row", and it's an almost clone of the KidsRideShotgun, but at a third of the price.

I got it from a guy here on Bikehub, I'll edit this post if I find his ad.

I was thinking of writing a short review in the riding with kids thread, but couldn't find it when I looked.

The quality is fair, although I have not used an original KRS to compare with. I found setup a little finicky: trying to get it in a comfortable position for both myself and the little ones, making sure it's tight enough that it doesn't move-and damage my frame, but also loose enough that it doesn't damage the frame.

I'm relatively short (1.73m) and ride a medium frame, and I definitely find it cramped. If my dude tries to stand up, his helmet smashes into my face- not great on rough descents!

It's also a bit uncomfortable pedaling with your knees out to move past your kid, wouldn't want to go much longer than 90 minutes.

Handling wise, because you can't get forward enough, you feel awkward as you can't weight your front wheel, , however their weight more than compensates.

Other than that, you just have to remember to ride with restraint (difficult when the dude shouts "FASTER!" on every downhill!

10/10 would recommend!

Edit: As an aside, Rhebokskloof is a superb venue. The views both on and off the bike are stunning and the grounds are amazing.

There are jungle gyms for the kids, a large, open lawn for picnics, a wine cellar and restaurant and some of the best coffee I've found in Paarl.

The trails are pretty great as well!

Edited by Trashy
Edit

59 minutes ago, Trashy said:

It's called "Front Row", and it's an almost clone of the KidsRideShotgun, but at a third of the price.

I got it from a guy here on Bikehub, I'll edit this post if I find his ad.

I was thinking of writing a short review in the riding with kids thread, but couldn't find it when I looked.

The quality is fair, although I have not used an original KRS to compare with. I found setup a little finicky: trying to get it in a comfortable position for both myself and the little ones, making sure it's tight enough that it doesn't move-and damage my frame, but also loose enough that it doesn't damage the frame.

I'm relatively short (1.73m) and ride a medium frame, and I definitely find it cramped. If my dude tries to stand up, his helmet smashes into my face- not great on rough descents!

It's also a bit uncomfortable pedaling with your knees out to move past your kid, wouldn't want to go much longer than 90 minutes.

Handling wise, because you can't get forward enough, you feel awkward as you can't weight your front wheel, , however their weight more than compensates.

Other than that, you just have to remember to ride with restraint (difficult when the dude shouts "FASTER!" on every downhill!

10/10 would recommend!

Edit: As an aside, Rhebokskloof is a superb venue. The views both on and off the bike are stunning and the grounds are amazing.

There are jungle gyms for the kids, a large, open lawn for picnics, a wine cellar and restaurant and some of the best coffee I've found in Paarl.

The trails are pretty great as well!

Thanks Trashy,

I will look into getting something like that for my daughter. Since I live close to Blouberg, I can go park at Eden on the Bay and ride up the cycle path to Melkbos with her. I have ridden Rhebokskloof a couple of times and it is indeed a lekker trail, but I'm a big boy and my daughter takes after her dad. At 3 y.o. she is already 105cm tall and 14kg, so I am not sure I want to attempt the steep hills in that part of the world with her as extra baggage.

57 minutes ago, Frosty said:

10,000Km milestone ticked by today. Seems the WP has sent their windy conditions to GP,98th  day of AuGust.

05D3135B-2A68-42D8-BC3E-D1AF8033902A.jpeg

C0BE4F2A-513C-4A6A-8028-84B2534B270C.jpeg

double my mileage for the year, I'll hit the 5k km mark tomorrow