• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/29/2023 at 4:57 PM, Lynskey said:

No Sir. But packs really small. It sits on top of the rack. Tent then sleeping mats and sleeping bag wrapped in plastic bag. Does this picture help? New tent and sleeping bag will be acquired soon. Looking for funds. This has served me 3 good years.

20230928_172948.jpg

I it’s Trappers or Cape Union, found a small pop up tent, really decent and well priced. Cheaper than Deacathlon. Approx 1400zar … must find out

50 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Gravel ride ina Souf. 
Just one of those perfect mornings out with mates. Good weather, nice route and world class banter, ride and post ride.

Welcome to da ‘hood

22 hours ago, Frosty said:

Easily the easiest ride of the year… happy international coffee day

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

I didnt check the weather yesterday, headed out in the wrong direction. Tail wind out, pumping head wind back. Made it very difficult to keep to my Zone 2 planned training ride.

32 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I didnt check the weather yesterday, headed out in the wrong direction. Tail wind out, pumping head wind back. Made it very difficult to keep to my Zone 2 planned training ride.

Can’t say I noticed much wind. It definitely was a SW, but didn’t seem to trouble anyone in the group. 

100 Vitality points for a speed-based workout (>25km/h), as HR was too low. 

IMG_2860.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Can’t say I noticed much wind. It definitely was a SW, but didn’t seem to trouble anyone in the group. 

100 Vitality points for a speed-based workout (>25km/h), as HR was too low. 

IMG_2860.jpeg

similar stats

image.png.726aa1aa2c4ebd3120222200246929f3.png

But when you're solo you feel it.

Also image.png.30f912c801e101a6673cf2850f373e6b.png

felt very head on on the way back from Red Barn.

Nowhere exciting but riding consistently so very happy 😊 

Normally no riding on Mondays but .... me and the big guy who does my frame painting have this good natured 'feud' about some arbitrary local legends and other stuff in Strava (I know, I know)

The sod stole my local legend on this segment this past weekend so I had to go and get it back immediately  😤 

I must be honest that despite what people may think things like Vitality points and these type of challenges certainly have kept me motivated during some tough times 😄

20231002_153339.jpg