Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

I have just handed out notifications for anticipated retrenchment to some staff. Gut-wrenching to know that I will possibly lose a few few good people because of selection criteria used, as well as the attitude from their union.

I have some sectors of Paris-Roubaix lined up on Rouvy, that I will use to rid that gut-wrenching feeling I currently have. It just doesn’t feel right talking about this, but my line director says, “culling the herd is required to ensure the herd stays strong”. So sad.

Sucks big time Frosty - Had to do this already recently and very probably again because of the alcohol ban (long story) - in my case the staff members are the only bread winners in the family

And I'm doing it over a screen

In my next life I don't want to be responsible for anyone

• Replies 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a 68Km ride on Rouvy, with the final 25 mins in the dark, due to ongoing problems in Al-berton.
Will update this post later with some “cobbled classic”.

post-1372-0-42292600-1594836882_thumb.png

No wonder it was so easy... I rode the wrong way down the Carrefour de l'abre  :ph34r:

post-1372-0-52016500-1594837645_thumb.jpg

In 2010, when Cancellara won PR in a solo, he attacked just before the Mons-en-Pévèle sector. This is a 2.9Km with a nasty little 1Km kick on the final third. While I was on my turbo trainer giving it a fairly good go, the Pros are out there racing, on a 5-star sector. Strava shows 4:33 (39.6km/h) for Niki Terpstra (3rd best time) compared to my effort of 5:26 (33Km/h). My excuse was that I have a little more than half the ride to go, so sat up shortly after.

post-1372-0-33560500-1594837086_thumb.jpg

Arenberg wasn't that hard, although it was at the start of my ride, so it was merely a warm-up for the 60-odd Km that were to follow. I'm more than double the KOM's time, but it doesn't matter.

post-1372-0-28417900-1594837738_thumb.jpg

disclaimer - all photos sourced from the 'net. Credits due to the owners.

Edited by Frosty

Thanks to load shedding I opted for a ride to pass the time...what was going to be a bit of a slow ride for some distance turned into an afternoon of hiding my bike in the veld and going for a walk along a fence line removing a total of 8 snares in various sections...The area is quite isolated so you can imagine what it must be like around the villages etc....Do keep your eyes open..keep a pair of decent wire cutters on you (they use brake/gear cable type wire)..what caught my attention was that the scummy things had moved some rocks and broken off some branches to funnel the animals towards and into the snare....

attachicon.gifUnknown.jpg

attachicon.gif20200713_134053.jpg

attachicon.gif20200713_134041.jpg

attachicon.gif20200713_134102.jpg

Good man

In my next life I don't want to be responsible for anyone

Me too :(

Teaching my lightie how to jump. Timing is everything, as he's learning. Also doing some flatland skills training, but ramping is the easiest first thing to learn and all kids wanna ramp $h1t.

Thats brilliant mate, love doing boy stuff with my son (have 3 girls as well) .

Have been doing the same thing but with not as much success.This all happened after telling my nipper that I used to be called Evel Knievel as a kid,although crash Banditcoot ( if he was around that is )would of been more apt. Mum couldn’t watch ???? . Now he wants a bmx ,Hell yeah!

https://vimeo.com/439173554

post-51529-0-04487500-1594970901_thumb.png

Edited by Pikey

Thats brilliant mate, love doing boy stuff with my son (have 3 girls as well) .

Have been doing the same thing but with not as much success.This all happened after telling my nipper that I used to be called Evel Knievel as a kid,although crash Banditcoot ( if he was around that is )would of been more apt. Mum couldn’t watch . Now he wants a bmx ,Hell yeah!

https://vimeo.com/439173554

HAHAHAHA

"speed"

erm, yes. But how much. Faster faster would be better