• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Exploring the Malutis by mtb over the weekend

How does in work in Lesotho? Are there specific trails or can you just wander wherever?

Spent the long weekend with my parents at Kei Mouth, so decided that a little exploration in the Transkei was in order for Sat

We crossed over this river, Xolora, way above the normal crossing point. Then had a portage up a rather steep hill, the hills don't seem as steep on Google earth.

post-2975-1439402072,9477.jpg

The view from above tha wreck looking east then west

post-2975-1439402224,9002.jpg

post-2975-1439402282,9598.jpg

On the beach, at high tide, luckily neap tide so it was ridable

post-2975-1439402348,9494.jpg

The view from Seagulls

post-2975-1439402375,2289.jpg

Edited by deanbean

Then on Monday I tested some singletrack being built at Morgan Bay. Lacking a bit of flow, and imho unsustainable with fall line trails, and no water management. I'll see in a years time after the rainy season. They were a lot of fun though

post-2975-1439402605,4465.jpg

post-2975-1439402616,387.jpg

Commuting has been interesting this month - and tonight should be a record home trip if the wind continues to blow the way it did this morning!

Last night was fun - a bit of rain then sunny.

F1THgrGxcRkgXMALvdE5r9bHgbAnjo8kI9k0CB7U

Going past Kleinbaai harbour

QHmiBXOxU869HkWLy4K2UfPoHwSjXYuFSCj9JS3j

Sun is out at Franskraal!  Could actually see the Perseid meteor shower last night.

A pic from last weeks commute

KEofgZ3gkSExj_Eb0fLBHNa3AkpYyYweAVhsk8Yc

Early morning ride. Arrived home to the sun rising. Haven't been out that early for a while.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've missed those early rides this winter. It's been particularly cold this year, or maybe it's just an age thing ;)

Early morning ride. Arrived home to the sun rising. Haven't been out that early for a while.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I've missed those early rides this winter. It's been particularly cold this year, or maybe it's just an age thing ;)

Early morning rides, especially over the weekend just make for a longer weekend. At leadt that's how it feels to me. With the right gear, there's no such thing as too cold.

Guest notmyname

Couldn't agree more Gerald. Love getting to the trails as the sun comes up.

Against Dr's orders I did a short breedts this morning. Sorry no pictures, the wind was pumping and I couldn't get my bike to stand.

Couldn't agree more Gerald. Love getting to the trails as the sun comes up.

Against Dr's orders I did a short breedts this morning. Sorry no pictures, the wind was pumping and I couldn't get my bike to stand.

I was out of the road this morning, damn that wind was bad.

Some places where I would normally average around 60km/h downhill I was doing 30 because of the headwind, it was insane.

Early morning rides, especially over the weekend just make for a longer weekend. At leadt that's how it feels to me. With the right gear, there's no such thing as too cold.

Hear you but if I have the time I prefer a scenic weekend ride on the Midlands. Early morning, but with some light.

I keep the 'arrive-home-in-the-dark' rides for the week.

I agree Gerald, also have the gear, but would rather be in bed.

I agree Gerald, also have the gear, but would rather be in bed.

Every time I've gone out I got back say, "I'm glad I got up and went", except for one weekend when I froze my a$$ off. That was mid-July

This weekend I'm not riding, due to catching what the kids had... sinus, headache, sore throat and that warm bed.

Did the 30km Wolseley MTB funride yesterday with the wife,was really frustrating at times as 'race pace' was slowed down to this.post-54774-1439702821,0769.jpgI am however stil proud of my wife,even though she had to push alot and I had to help push a bit and there were tears shed she managed to finish and overtake two other couples so as not to finish dead last.[emoji122]

Stopped at the SAAF Memorial and the Voortrekker Monument on my ride this morning (pictures from the monument didn't come out decently)

post-63215-0-34452200-1439712497_thumb.jpg

A bit LOTS... of fun at Heia yesterday... :thumbup:

post-6012-0-24149800-1439713584_thumb.jpg

after a loop of yellow got stuck into doing the berms over and  over and over ... ..................and over :clap:

post-6012-0-55166600-1439713559_thumb.jpg

we were like two kids ^_^ big smiles