Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Garden Route Trail Park yesterday. Had a blast on the trails!

Man that looks awesome 

You capies are so fortunate with all those trails

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that looks awesome 

You capies are so fortunate with all those trails

So many trails, so little time ;) 

GTRP has some awesome trails with scary downhill sections, scary at least for me with my very limited skills.

If only I had the skills and fitness to really ride them without having to hold back on the downhill sections!

Guest notmyname

So many trails, so little time ;)

GTRP has some awesome trails with scary downhill sections, scary at least for me with my very limited skills.

If only I had the skills and fitness to really ride them without having to hold back on the downhill sections!

How sick is that blue line with all the berms. It's just berm into berm into berm into berm for days.

Did you ride the pomp trek?

Also love the trails that hug the walls through the ravine. Think it was orange?

How sick is that blue line with all the berms. It's just berm into berm into berm into berm for days.

Also love the trails that hug the walls through the ravine. Think it was orange?

Yeah, we did the blue route, Crazy Creek, I think. Those berms are amazing, especially where it drops down after a berm right into the next one. Never ridden anything like it before, was crazy! And those downhill sections into the creeks... :eek:

Wanted to do the orange trail as well but wore myself out on the pumptrack and had no woema left! Will have to go back next week...

For me those are some of the best trails I've ridden anywhere(I've done 5 riding trips to Europe). I just love the bush tunnels.

Rob and Dave are super cool guys. The trail house is something very special. 150m from the start of the blue & red and 350m from the start of the yellow. 

Next time you are there stop in those tunnels and see what's just off the trail. GULP! some man sized thorns.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Guest notmyname

For me those are some of the best trails I've ridden anywhere(I've done 5 riding trips to Europe). I just love the bush tunnels.

Rob and Dave are super cool guys. The trail house is something very special. 150m from the start of the blue & red and 350m from the start of the yellow.

Next time you are there stop in those tunnels and see what's just off the trail. GULP! some man sized thorns.

Jip, Eugene from Sedgefield cycleworx introduced me to Rob. Humble bloke I recall. As for trails... hot damn, too much fun. BESTING level 1 million.

The hardest part of taking a complete (2 week) break from the bike is reading where everyone else has been riding and ignoring the temptation to go for a (short) ride or spin at the gym.

4 more days to go... #NoSmoothiesForMeNextWeek

Edit: seems I forgot about the FTP test I did last Saturday late fternoon. 36 mins then instead of zero

Edited by geraldm24

The hardest part of taking a complete (2 week) break from the bike is reading where everyone else has been riding and ignoring the temptation to go for a (short) ride or spin at the gym.

4 more days to go... #NoSmoothiesForMeNextWeek

I'm almost in the same boat. Decided to take 2 weeks off to get over a calf muscle strain, but crumbled on Sunday with a short 40 min ride at sundown as a prelude to a sundowner.

One thing that was some consolation is how full of beans one feels when on the bike, calf strain or not!

Two mad weekends with kid's school end-of-year concerts, other parties, as well as a weekend away this coming weekend with the wife for our anniversary (made a real hash of it last year). All fell into place at the right time, so was a good time to take a break.

Some awesome riding next to the Kruger Park Fence.  :thumbup:

If you are anywhere near leopard creek wave...they got a guy high up on a crane filming all the wildlife during the euro tour golf happening there this weekend

Edited by SwissVan